newcastleworld.com

The explosive truth as Man City make ‘strong push’ for £70m Newcastle United star

Manchester City are reportedly interested in Tino Livramento.placeholder image

Manchester City are reportedly interested in Tino Livramento. | Getty Images

Manchester City have once again been linked with Newcastle United defender Tino Livramento.

Manchester City are no longer interested in Newcastle United ace Tino Livramento, NewcastleWorld understands.

Further speculation has emerged suggesting Pep Guardiola will move for the defender this summer. According to talkSPORT, City view Livramento as the solution to their right-back problem.

Matheus Nunes - naturally a midfielder - has deputised in the role for most of the campaign. Man City are also understood to be fully aware of Livramento’s precarious contract situation - which will have two years remaining come the summer.

Manchester City stance on Tino Livramento revealed

However,as reported by NewcastleWorld earlier this month, it is understood that City are looking elsewhere to bolster their options at right-back. Newcastle would demand around £70million for Livramento - a hefty price for a player with niggling injury concerns.

The 23-year-old is currently sidelined and has only played 13 times in the Premier League this season. While City - and Guardiola - rate Livramento, his frequent setbacks are a deterrent to Etihad chiefs.

Tino Livramento on Newcastle United future

Livramento gave an ambiguous answer to NewcastleWorld when asked about his Toon future in November. At the time, new sporting director Ross Wilson had recently called his contract a “top” priority.

“That's nothing that I'm in control of,” Livramento said. “I leave that to my dad, to my agent. For me, I've been out for seven weeks. I've been working really hard to come back and obviously help the team.

“I'm very happy with how I've played (against Man City). That's my focus, staying where I'm at now. That's always been my focus. Helping the team as much as I can.”

Read More

Kieran Trippier side story

As it stands, Newcastle are set to lose Kieran Trippier at the end of the season when his contract expires. Eddie Howe told the press pack last Friday that there had been no update on his situation.

If he leaves, the Magpies would be short at right-back and, should Livramento stay, as is now expected, Howe and his team will alter their search to back-up options to fill the Trippier void, rather than sign a starting option.

The above scenario explains why Newcastle tentatively looked into a January deal for Club Brugge’s Joaquin Seys, who can operate on either flank. That deal would have provided cover for Lewis Hall and Livramento, rather than replace either in the starting XI.

Continue Reading

Read full news in source page