Liverpool may well have been keeping a close eye on Lamine Camara during its friendly defeat to Monaco on Sunday, with the French side making a decision on his future immediately after the game
LIVERPOOL, ENGLAND - AUGUST 09: (THE SUN OUT, THE SUN ON SUNDAY OUT) Cody Gakpo of Liverpool holds off Lamine Camara of AS Monaco during the during the pre-season friendly match between Liverpool FC and AS Monaco at Anfield on August 09, 2026 in Liverpool, England. (Photo by Jan Kruger/Getty Images)
Lamine Camara has been linked with a move to Liverpool(Image: Getty Images)
Monaco has reportedly turned down an offer for midfielder Lamine Camara, with Liverpool one of the clubs said to be interested in signing him this summer.
Camara was actually in action for his current club at Anfield on Sunday, having started Monaco’s 3-2 win over the Reds. That’s despite growing speculation surrounding his future, with a potential move to the Premier League being touted.
Liverpool is among the teams to have been linked with the 22-year-old, with Sunday giving Andoni Iraola and sporting director Richard Hughes the perfect opportunity to scout him should they be looking for a new midfielder.
Crystal Palace though is being more closely linked at the moment, with recent reports claiming that the Eagles have already made an offer — although it looks as though they have failed in their attempts to lure Camara to Selhurst Park.
Straight after Monaco’s win at Anfield, French outlet Nice Matin cites a report from Foot Mercato reporting that a $58 million (€50M) bid from Crystal Palace had been rejected, with the French side demanding at least $69 million (€60M) instead.
Liverpool and Manchester United are both said to be monitoring the midfielder, although Monaco boss Felipe Luis insisted after his side’s win over the Reds that he doesn’t want Camara to go anywhere.
LIVERPOOL, ENGLAND - AUGUST 09: (THE SUN OUT, THE SUN ON SUNDAY OUT) Lamine Camara of AS Monaco during the during the pre-season friendly match between Liverpool FC and AS Monaco at Anfield on August 09, 2026 in Liverpool, England. (Photo by Jan Kruger/Getty Images)
Lamine Camara started for Monaco against Liverpool at Anfield(Image: Getty Images)
"We discuss the squad every day, the transfer market, what is happening and the offers that arrive,” Luis said.
“We want to build a really competitive team. I am very selfish and I want to keep all the players. I do not want anyone to leave.
"But I know that clubs have to make sales, which we have done. I hope we can keep him (Camara).
“He is probably one of the best midfielders in the world. I do not want to say too much, because I know that many clubs are interested in him. We all want him to stay.
Content Image
Content Image
“He is really important to me. He is very gifted with the ball at his feet, he covers a lot of ground. He is an exceptional player. I am really satisfied with him."
Camara is under contract with Monaco until 2029, which will strengthen Luis’ case to keep the midfielder, or at the very least stick to the club’s asking price amid the interest from the Premier League.
"Yes, of course I have hope,” Luis added. “I have every hope that he stays. I think he is happy at Monaco. If he stays, he can work even harder. Because he will play, as I said, a key role in my system."