liverpoolecho.co.uk

Luis Enrique issues Bradley Barcola refusal as Liverpool land PSG transfer boost

Liverpool have been handed a Bradley Barcola transfer update from Paris Saint-Germain head coach Luis Enrique

PSG boss Luis Enrique remained coy on the future of Bradley Barcola

PSG boss Luis Enrique remained coy on the future of Bradley Barcola(Image: (Photo by Jean Catuffe/Getty Images))

View 2 Images

Paris Saint-Germain boss Luis Enrique has refused to comment on the future of Liverpool transfer target Bradley Barcola. The Reds have been heavily linked with a move for the Frenchman with PSG's summer business continuing to hand them transfer boosts.

Without selling any regular starters, the European champions are set to bring in three new attackers for over £100million. Maghnes Akliouche has already signed from AS Monaco while Mika Godts is expected to join from Ajax.

Barcelona star Ferran Torres is also a target with that deal reportedly entering the final stages. So many additions in the frontline seem to suggest Barcola could be allowed to leave but Enrique was not drawn in on the topic during his press conference ahead of the UEFA Super Cup final against Aston Villa.

The PSG boss said: “I don’t know and I don’t want to speak about any player individually, because it’s always dangerous when you are asking something positive or negative about a player. I stay focused on my team.”

When asked about Torres, he said: “I’m not here to talk about the transfer market… only about the players who are currently at PSG."

As things stand, Barcola is under contract at the Parc Des Princes until 2028 with PSG demanding a triple-figure proposal to sell. Reports in France have claimed there is confidence an agreement over a fee can be reached with personal terms already agreed.

FOLLOW OUR LIVERPOOL FC FACEBOOK PAGE!All the latest news and analysis from Anfield on the Liverpool Echo's dedicated LFC Facebook page

The Torres deal could still prove key to Liverpool's chances of landing Barcola, however, with Barca boss Hansi Flick offering a similar response to Enrique on the Spaniard.

"I respect the players' holidays and I do not have information," he stated in response to being directly asked if he would be departing for the French capital.

The La Liga champions have already done business with Liverpool this summer for the loan of Ronald Araujo, which was announced on Monday. The Echo understands his entire salary is set to be covered by Liverpool with no loan fee being paid.

Ronald Araujo

Liverpool completed the signing of Ronald Araujo earlier this week

View 2 Images

Victor Munoz remains as the club's only permanent signing made this summer with a deal for Jeremy Jacquet agreed in February. Andoni Iraola spoke last month about the need to make more signings.

"I think it is difficult to say a number. When the market is open, you have to be always open to new options to improve the squad," he said.

"There are obvious situations where we need to sign players. Winger for example, we definitely need to sign a winger, but there are other situations where we will have to analyse what the market gives you, what is the cost, how we also see the players we have.

"We have some tricky positions where we have injured players that we trust, but it is still not the ideal situation, so it will depend on a lot of things."

Read full news in source page