daveockop.com

Borussia Dortmund to submit fourth offer for forward linked with Liverpool

Liverpool’s transfer business slowed down during the 2026 FIFA World Cup, with Victor Munoz the only major signing completed during the tournament.

However, activity has increased since the World Cup ended, with Liverpool continuing to strengthen their squad. The Reds completed the signing of Ronald Araujo on loan from Barcelona for the 2026-27 season and remain interested in adding further reinforcements.

UK ONLY

FC Cologne forward Said El Mala has been linked with a move to Anfield this summer. The 19-year-old scored 13 goals and provided five assists in 34 Bundesliga appearances during his first season in Germany’s top flight.

His performances have attracted interest from several Premier League and European clubs, while he also earned his first call-up to the Germany national team.

Brighton previously led the race for El Mala but saw several offers rejected, with Cologne valuing the teenager at around €50million. El Mala and his family also rejected a potential move to Brentford.

Borussia Dortmund are among the clubs interested and have already seen three bids rejected. According to Sky Germany’s Florian Plettenberg, Dortmund are now preparing a €55million offer, including €50million upfront and €5million in add-ons.

El Mala has already agreed personal terms with Dortmund. Florian Plettenberg posted on X: “Borussia Dortmund are on the verge of submitting a €55m offer (50+5) for Said El Mala.

“Nothing has arrived at 1. FC Köln yet. #Effzeh El Mala has already agreed personal terms with #BVB and is now waiting for the final decision.”

If completed, El Mala would become the most expensive signing in Dortmund’s history. El Mala is reportedly expected to sign a five-year contract with Dortmund and earn around €5million per year.

He is also set to wear the No. 10 shirt. The teenager started Saturday’s pre-season friendly against Copa del Rey winners Real Sociedad, with Dortmund securing a 2-1 victory.

It has been a busy summer transfer window for Borussia Dortmund, who have already signed four young players but remain in the market for further reinforcements.

Read full news in source page