thechelseachronicle.com

Chelsea fans think Bournemouth are ready to sell Alex Scott after latest announcement

Photo by Rob Newell - CameraSport via Getty Images

Photo by Rob Newell - CameraSport via Getty Images

Alex Scott has long been linked with a move to Chelsea, but nothing new has emerged since the Blues tabled a £64m bid for the Bournemouth ace. Now, Chelsea fans think Bournemouth are ready to sell.

Scott has enjoyed a brilliant couple of seasons in a Bournemouth shirt since joining the Cherries from Bristol City. The midfielder was one of Thomas Tuchel’s emergency World Cup players this summer.

Alex Scott question graphic

Photo by Robin Jones – AFC Bournemouth/AFC Bournemouth via Getty Images

Still only 22, Scott has become renowned for his ability to drive forward from deep and pick out a pass or produce a moment of magic since joining the club in 2023. He’s played 89 times for Bournemouth so far.

That kind of deep-lying attacking midfielder that might be targeted if Enzo Fernandez does eventually leave Chelsea. The Blues made a £64m bid for Scott last month, but the Cherries rejected the offer.

Chelsea fans think Bournemouth have just dropped a Scott hint

The playmaker is one of Chelsea’s long-term midfield targets. Reports state that despite the rejected bid, Chelsea remain interested in Scott and Crystal Palace’s Adam Wharton, though a new bid is yet to arrive.

Alex Scott of Bournemouth

Photo by Robin Jones – AFC Bournemouth/AFC Bournemouth via Getty Images

It could solely depend on the future of Fernandez, and whether Man City are willing to meet Chelsea’s asking price of £120m. Well, Chelsea fans think Bournemouth have just dropped a hint regarding Scott.

Bournemouth released images of a third kit on Tuesday; Scott was nowhere to be seen. Adrien Truffert, Junior Kroupi, Evanilson, Alex Toth and members of Bournemouth Women’s Team posed in the new kit.

Chelsea fans responded to this. They believe the omission of Scott from the images released by the Cherries is a sign that Bournemouth are preparing for life without the key midfielder ahead of 2026-27.

One Chelsea supporter posted on X: “Alex Scott not included in the new release of Bournemouth third kit, we take that,” while another simply said “no Alex Scott in pictures”. It has Chelsea fans feeling excited.

Another Blues fan took to social media to say, “don’t give me false hope”, while one said “fingers crossed we get him”, while another responded by saying Chelsea need a player to “accompany Caicedo”.

What happens to Chelsea’s current midfielders if Scott is signed?

Fernandez was back at Cobham on Tuesday and the World Cup finalist’s presence was well-received by supporters on social media. But within 24 hours of his return, reports have suggested he could still go.

Enzo Fernandez's agent on his future at Chelsea

Photo by Dennis Agyeman / Europa Press Sports via Getty Images

Whether a lot of it is agent-driven, or Man City have shown genuine interest in entering talks with Chelsea over a move for Fernandez, remains to be seen. What is clear, is that Real Madrid won’t be signing him.

Especially, after the £100m+ signing of Yan Diomande, which followed Madrid’s statement regarding the midfielder. Fernandez’s last hope of a move is to join City and reunite with his old boss Enzo Maresca.

Should Chelsea sanction such a move, then Scott becomes a priority. Romeo Lavia and Dario Essugo also need to consider their futures and perhaps, gain assurances over game time before considering an exit.

Read full news in source page