liverpool.com

Liverpool transfer news as Alexis Mac Allister emerges as Man City option after Curtis Jones update

Liverpool are bracing for potential bids for Alexis Mac Allister and Curtis Jones this summer, which could force Andoni Iraola to shift his midfield transfer priorities

Alexis Mac Allister

Alexis Mac Allister has been linked with a move away(Image: 2026 Getty Images)

Liverpool may be facing yet another transfer headache this summer. With the window shutting on 1 September, the Reds are still working tirelessly to secure a high-profile move for PSG winger Bradley Barcola.

Andoni Iraola's primary goal has been to bolster Liverpool's attacking options, particularly in finding a replacement for Mohamed Salah, while strengthening the forward line as a whole.

However, the Reds are now reportedly bracing themselves for potential bids targeting two of their own midfielders, which could prove to be a significant setback.

These developments suggest that Liverpool's manager may need to shift his focus towards reinforcing his midfield. This would undoubtedly represent a considerable challenge, given that the club's hierarchy remains firmly focused on strengthening the attacking third.

Alexis Mac Allister interest

Liverpool are girding themselves for potential interest in Alexis Mac Allister this summer. Reports from Turkey indicate that Galatasaray have expressed their desire to acquire the 27 year old, reports the Liverpool Echo.

According to Yeni Asir, that interest has so far been conveyed through intermediaries in order to establish a valuation and the Argentine's wage expectations. However, that is not the complete picture.

According to talkSPORT, Manchester City have also earmarked the World Cup winner as a potential signing as they look to fill the void left by Rodri, who could be on his way to Barcelona this summer. The report does stress, however, that there has been "no contact or developments" regarding any deal to bring the midfielder to Manchester.

Mac Allister has been a mainstay in Liverpool's midfield since his move from Brighton in 2023. That said, he has now entered the final two years of his Anfield contract and suffered a dip in form last season, fuelling speculation over a possible exit this summer.

Should he leave, Iraola would need to turn his attention to finding a suitable replacement, with the Reds currently relying on Mac Allister, Ryan Gravenberch and Dominik Szoboszlai as three of his key midfield options.

Harvey Elliott, Trey Nyoni, Wataru Endo and Stefan Bajcetic also remain in contention, though all except Nyoni have similarly been linked with departures this summer.

Andoni Iraola wants to add to his squad this summer

Andoni Iraola wants to add to his squad this summer(Image: Getty)

Curtis Jones latest

Sky Italia is also reporting that Curtis Jones is drawing ever closer to a move to Inter Milan. Inter have made progress in offloading midfielder Davide Frattesi to Lazio on loan, with the Rome club reportedly having reached a verbal agreement with the player, according to Fabrizio Romano.

Once that transaction is finalized, he claims Inter will press ahead with a bid for Jones.

Inter have reignited their interest in Jones and approached the Reds regarding a deal valued at $40M. This comes after Liverpool turned down a £21m offer for the 25 year old in June, having held out for a fee of $47M.

Jones' notable absence during Sunday's pre-season friendly against Monaco raised a few eyebrows, though Iraola was quick to clarify that it was due to a minor injury concern rather than any transfer speculation.

He said: "Curtis has trained every day, but yesterday (Saturday) he finished with some issues in the hip, but nothing big. It didn't make any sense to risk him."

Read full news in source page