liverpool.com

Liverpool told $138M 'not enough' to secure Bradley Barcola as 'big package' needed

Bradley Barcola has fallen down the pecking order at Paris Saint-Germain and could complete a summer transfer, with Liverpool among the clubs believed to be interested

Bradley Barcola is being linked with a move to Liverpool

Bradley Barcola is being linked with a move to Liverpool(Image: Getty Images)

Liverpool has been warned that not even €120 million ($138 million) will be enough to persuade Paris Saint-Germain to sell Bradley Barcola.

The Reds are looking for their next superstar forward after granting Mohamed Salah a free transfer to Turkish side Trabzonspor this summer. They are also in need of attacking reinforcements after losing Hugo Ekitike to a long-term Achilles injury earlier this year.

Barcola, 23, has emerged as a potential target for Liverpool. The France international, who scored three goals at this year's World Cup, is struggling for minutes at PSG after falling behind Khvicha Kvaratskhelia, Desire Doue and Ousmane Dembele in the pecking order.

If he stays in Paris, Barcola will get even fewer opportunities to play this coming season after Maghnes Akliouche's recent arrival from Monaco. Barcola was left on the bench for PSG's 2-1 victory against Aston Villa in the European Super Cup on Wednesday.

Considering the number of attacking talents at PSG boss Luis Enrique's disposal, Barcola may decide to move on this summer. And if he does leave Paris, Merseyside is being talked about as a potential destination.

Transfer guru Fabrizio Romano has provided an update on Barcola's situation to LiveScore. Romano has claimed that personal terms between Barcola and Liverpool are "not an issue," and that the player is viewed as "not untouchable" by PSG's hierarchy.

Barcola impressed for France at the World Cup

Barcola impressed for France at the World Cup(Image: Getty Images)

But Romano has warned that an offer of €120 million from Liverpool is "not going to be enough" to persuade PSG to sell.

He insists the Reds must prepare a "big package" to secure the blockbuster summer transfer.

Talks are expected to continue between Liverpool and PSG, although the Reds will not want the situation to drag on.

Enrique was asked about Barcola's future ahead of his team's victory against Villa and refused to fuel the transfer speculation.

The Spanish coach said: "I don’t know, and I don’t want to speak about any player individually, because it’s always dangerous when you are asking something positive or negative about a player. I stay focused on my team."

PSG's president, Nasser Al-Khelaifi, provided more information when asked the same question after Wednesday's game.

He said: "We're working calmly. We don't talk too much. I can’t say whether he will leave or not. Today, he is a PSG player. We'll see."

Barcola, who has won the Champions League twice and three Ligue 1 titles at PSG, still has two years left on his contract in Paris.

Read full news in source page