FARGO, N.D. (KFYR) - North Dakota State football is searching for its next best wide receiver after the departure of Bryce Lance to the NFL. Minot native Logan Conklin is making his presence known in the receiver room while the Bison approach their first season at the FBS level.
Conklin saw some meaningful minutes last year in his redshirt freshman season playing in all 13 games and catching 5 passed for 49 yards. This season the message remains simple for Conklin, even with all the noise that comes with joining the Mountain West Conference.
“Definitely learned a lot,” Conklin said of the 2025 season. “Going against obviously some really good guys. So learning how to work releases like coming out of high school, I was probably just run by guys. Now I actually know how to release off the line and not just standing straight up every time, coming in every day with the next play mindset, just knowing there’s always the next play.”
The former Magi receiver had 13 touchdown catches in his senior season at Minot, which helped the team to the Class AAA State Championship. The pace is different at the next level, but he has adapted to the way the game is played since making the jump to Division I football.
“If you miss out, mess up on a play in practice, just come in next play. Just got to keep working. It was definitely always a dream to come here and being able to win on my freshman year and hopefully being able to continue that now.”
Conklin says he is most excited to get back in the FargoDome with his teammates this fall. The Bison open the season hosting Jacksonville State on August 29.
_Copyright 2026 KFYR. All rights reserved._