givemesport.com

'Deal is on' - Fabrizio Romano confirms new Liverpool talks to sign 'elite' star, he wants to…

REUTERS/Phil Noble via Action Images

A Liverpool 'deal is on' to sign Paris Saint-Germain winger Bradley Barcola after Fabrizio Romano today revealed new talks between the two clubs.

Despite losing Mohamed Salah this summer, and with Hugo Ekitike currently absent with a long-term injury, Liverpool have only made one attacking signing so far this summer in Victor Munoz.

The Reds are looking to make at least two more additions on the wing, with Barcola their number one target after they missed out on a deal to sign Yan Diomande from RB Leipzig.

The France international is keen to make the switch to Anfield, but any potential move is currently being held up by the demands of the Champions League holders.

PSG are demanding around £145m for the 23-year-old, while Liverpool are said to be willing to pay around £100m for the attacker.

The Reds are hopeful, according to GMS sources, that the Ligue 1 champions' demands will soften once they finalise a deal to sign Ferran Torres from Barcelona, while they are also targeting Ajax winger Mika Godts.

Romano: Liverpool In Daily Contact With PSG

REUTERS/Stephanie Lecocq

Speaking on his YouTube channel on Friday morning, Romano revealed new talks between Liverpool and PSG about Barcola on Thursday, as the clubs remain in daily contact over a transfer.

The Italian journalist said: "Speaking about wingers, I also want to tell you: don't forget that Liverpool remain in daily conversation with Paris Saint-Germain for Bradley Barcola.

"Liverpool have an agreement with Bradley Barcola on personal terms, verbal agreement. Barcola wants to go to Liverpool. Barcola has never been untouchable. Liverpool are ready to go strong for Bradley Barcola.

So the conversation is daily, and Liverpool are on it. I can guarantee that. Now it depends on the financial agreement, but even on Thursday contacts took place between PSG and Liverpool. So the deal is on.

Liverpool Closing in on Ideal Salah Replacement

Image via via Reuters/Nathan Ray Seebeck

While Michael Olise is probably the dream Salah replacement out there right now, there is no chance of the Frenchman leaving Bayern Munich this summer.

His international teammate Barcola is one of the best who is actually available on the market this summer, and he would bring great quality to Anfield.

The 23-year-old is direct and loves to run at defences, but he also backs it up with his goal contribution numbers, as Salah did throughout his spell at Anfield.

||

Barcola at PSG (Ligue 1 - 2025-26)

Games

Starts

Goals

xG

Assists

xA

Chances created

Big chances created

He showed for France at the 2026 World Cup the level of his finishing after netting three times for Les Bleus, while Liverpool's Athletic correspondent James Pearce has been full of praise for the winger.

He told GMS' Market Madness podcast: "Of course, if he is going to leave PSG, Liverpool won't be the only suitor. I know there's been talk of strong interest from Arsenal, and there are others in the hunt as well. I think Liverpool would know that it's an expensive and difficult deal to do, but it would also be a massively exciting one.

"Victor Munoz, earlier on in the window, was kind of with one eye on the future. He's still kind of potential rather than the finished article.

Barcola is elite, isn't he? He's been part of such a successful PSG team, and when you're replacing someone of Salah's status, it has to be someone who is ready.

If Liverpool can land Barcola for nearer their own valuation, it really is a no-brainer, and they will hope to make a breakthrough in negotiations sooner rather than later.

Andoni Iraola

Andoni Iraola

Read full news in source page