mancitynews.com

Man City Target's Father Confirms Player "Will Stay" With Premier League Rival

This article contains affiliate links. We may earn a small commission on items purchased through this article, but that does not affect our editorial judgement.

The father of Man City transfer target Alexis Mac Allister has revealed that his son “will stay at Liverpool”.

Several respected sources, including the BBC, have confirmed that Enzo Maresca’s side have explored a move for the Argentinian international this summer as they seek a replacement for Rodri.

However, speaking to winwin, Carlos Mac Allister said that there is no prospect of a move happening before the transfer window closes:

“Alexis will stay at Liverpool; we have not discussed any possibility of his departure from the club this summer.”

Mac Allister was never a primary target

Despite the 27-year-old seemingly being on City’s shortlist, it appears as if Director of Football Hugo Viana has focused most of his attention on other options.

Elliot Anderson was signed from Nottingham Forest for a club record £116m earlier this summer, while talks with Lille are ongoing about a deal for teenager Ayyoub Bouaddi.

Chelsea’s Enzo Fernandez is believed to be of particular interest to City boss Enzo Maresca as well, but that deal is very complicated. A Friday 5 PM deadline was imposed for a transfer to go ahead by his club, and when asked in a press conference about the player, Maresca said:

“In this moment, again, I have to give you the same answer since day one and it will always be the same; it’s a player from another club, and I don’t think it’s correct to speak about other players. At the same time, I don’t think it’s correct when other clubs speak about our players. That’s why I’m not going to say nothing about players that are not with us…”

Get a brand new 26/27 Man City away shirt from Fanatics here

What is the latest on Rodri’s Man City exit?

Barcelona are reportedly set to make a third bid for the Spaniard, which is expected to be worth around £60m, but it will still fall short of the Cityzens’ valuation.

At the moment, there are no guarantees that Rodri’s move to the Camp Nou will be finalised, and that may hold up any negotiations for a replacement like Fernandez.

Read full news in source page