givemesport.com

'I expect...' - Liverpool in 'crucial' talks to complete Bradley Barcola signing after major…

REUTERS/Dylan Martinez

Liverpool transfer target Bradley Barcola is set to leave Paris Saint-Germain this summer, having been left out of Luis Enrique's squad for the French Super Cup defeat to Lens on Sunday.

The 23-year-old has been heavily linked with a move to Anfield, in what would be the winger's first venture out of his home country of France. Barcola was a prominent figure in Paris last season but has fallen down the pecking order at the Parc des Princes.

Transfer guru Fabrizio Romano has provided the latest on the saga, claiming that he expects talks between Liverpool and PSG to 'accelerate' over the coming days with Monday earmarked as a 'crucial' day in deciding the player's future.

Why didn't Bradley Barcola play for PSG against Lens?

Bradley Barcola PSG

Barcola racked up 49 appearances across all competitions for PSG last season, scoring 13 goals and grabbing seven assists. A place in the starting XI was hard to come by in Ligue 1, with a wealth of talent at Enrique's disposal. The winger more regularly featured in the Champions League.

Despite an impressive season, which was backed up with three goals at the World Cup for France, the winger was axed from the matchday squad against Lens. Barcola had also been an unused substitute in the 2-1 UEFA Super Cup win over Aston Villa last week.

PSG boss Enrique was frosty when asked to explain his team selection decision following the defeat. The question was met with the manager leaving the press conference, he said: "Thank you, goodbye."

Enrique opted for a front three of Khivicha Kvaratskhelia, Maghnes Akliouche and Desire Doue at the Stade Bollaert-Delelis with Ousmane Dembele on the bench.

Barcola's omission comes after reports that the player had turned down a contract extension at the Parc des Princes in recent weeks.

Bradley Barcola 2025/26 stats:

Appearances 49

Minutes 2,971

Goals 13

Assists 7

Fabrizio Romano provides Bradley Barcola update

That stall in contract talks had already pointed to a summer exit for Barcola, who is entering the final two years of his deal with the Ligue 1 winners.

The arrival of Ferran Torres from Barcelona also pointed to a potential exit for Barcola and Romano believes that the player's departure from the French capital will now be fast tracked.

Liverpool have already added Victor Munoz from Osasuna to boost firepower under Andoni Iraola, but Barcola would provide a more experienced option. Romano believes a move for Barcola will now accelerate.

In an update on Monday morning, Romano said: "For Paris Saint-Germain in terms of Bradley Barcola and Ibrahim Mbaye, both of them not even on the bench. What does it mean guys?

"The expectation is for both of them to go because Paris Saint-Germain up front already have Desire Doue, Ousmane Demebele, Khvicha Kvaraskhelia, Ferran Torres, Mika Goots and Maghnes Akliouche - six fantastic players and in this moment the expectation is for Barcola to go and for Mbaye to go.

"I expect this deal to accelerate. Now we enter from Monday into crucial stages of the story. So the negotiations will continue but Liverpool have a verbal agreement, of course on personal terms with Bradley Barcola and Liverpool want to accelerate. So deal absolutely on."

PSG had slapped a lofty £130million price tag on the star, who has scored 39 goals in 152 outings for the club since arriving from Lyon in 2023, having paid just €45million for his services.

However, as the window progresses and a sale looks inevitable, around £30million is expected to be axed from that fee with an offer of just under £100million potentially enough for PSG to green light a sale.

Read full news in source page