Here is a roundup of the top Chelsea news, gossip and transfer latest from icfootballnews featuring the likes of Nicolas Jackson, Tosin Adarabioyo and Liam Delap that you may have missed…
Liam Delap’s omission from Chelsea’s matchday squad for their final pre-season game against Real Sociedad has intensified speculation over the striker’s future, with reports suggesting the club are prepared to consider a deal worth around £40 million.
Delap was among the notable absentees as Chelsea completed their pre-season preparations with a 3-1 victory over Real Sociedad at Stamford Bridge on Saturday. The 23-year-old’s absence came amid growing uncertainty over his position in new head coach Xabi Alonso’s plans, with Chelsea continuing to reshape their attacking options.
Reports have indicated that Chelsea are willing to sell Delap just one year after signing him from Ipswich Town for a reported £30 million. The club are understood to value the England Under-21 international at around £40 million, although other reports have suggested Chelsea could seek an even higher fee.
Italian club Como have emerged as one of the leading potential destinations. ESPN reported that Como are exploring a move for Delap after failing to make progress in their pursuit of Fiorentina striker Moise Kean. The Serie A club, coached by former Chelsea midfielder Cesc Fabregas, are looking to strengthen their attack ahead of their return to Champions League football.
Further reports have claimed Como have already made contact with CHELSEA over a possible deal. Initial discussions were said to have centred on a loan arrangement, potentially with Chelsea continuing to contribute towards Delap’s wages, although the situation could develop into a permanent transfer if the clubs can agree terms.
Delap’s own preference could prove significant. Recent reports say the striker would rather remain in the Premier League if he leaves Chelsea, despite Como’s interest. Newcastle United and Everton have also been linked with the forward, although no formal offers from those clubs have been reported.
Delap endured a difficult first campaign at CHELSEA after arriving from Ipswich, with injuries limiting his impact. He scored only two goals in 41 appearances across all competitions, according to recent reports, increasing the possibility that Chelsea could sanction an early departure.
His exclusion against Real Sociedad therefore adds another layer to the uncertainty. Chelsea have invested heavily in their attacking options and are under pressure to trim their squad before the transfer window closes
JACKSON FREE TO LEAVE
Nicolas Jackson’s omission from Chelsea’s matchday squad for their final pre-season friendly against Real Sociedad has intensified speculation over the striker’s future, despite reports that he has told new manager Xabi Alonso he would prefer to remain at Stamford Bridge.
Jackson was not involved as Chelsea rounded off their preparations for the 2026-27 campaign with a 3-1 victory over Real Sociedad on Saturday. João Pedro scored twice after Morgan Rogers opened the scoring, with the result giving Alonso a winning conclusion to pre-season.
The Senegal international’s absence was notable given the uncertainty surrounding his position in Alonso’s squad. Chelsea have a crowded group of forwards following the arrivals of João Pedro and Liam Delap, while Jackson has attracted interest from clubs in both England and Spain.
Reports earlier this week suggested Jackson was leaning towards staying at Chelsea and competing for his place under Alonso. The 25-year-old is said to be keen to prove himself to the new manager after concerns over his position in the attacking hierarchy.
However, CHELSEA’s decision to leave him out of the squad for the Real Sociedad fixture has prompted renewed questions over whether the club intends to keep him. Jackson was also initially omitted from Chelsea’s pre-season tour of Australia and Asia before subsequently joining the squad.
Chelsea are reportedly willing to listen to offers for Jackson, with one recent report claiming the club has placed a valuation of around £60 million on the striker. Aston Villa, Tottenham Hotspur and Atletico Madrid have been linked with a possible move, although Chelsea’s asking price is understood to be an obstacle to negotiations.
Jackson spent last season on loan at Bayern Munich and returned to Chelsea during the summer, but competition for places has increased significantly. Alonso has already used several different attacking combinations during pre-season as he assesses his options ahead of the Premier League opener at Fulham on Aug. 24.
The contrasting reports leave Jackson’s situation unresolved. While his preference is reportedly to stay and fight for a place, the decision ultimately rests with CHELSEA and Alonso, with the club still facing pressure to reduce the size of its squad before the transfer window closes.
PAEZ AGREEMENT CLOSE?
Chelsea youngster Kendry Paez is reportedly close to joining Turkish side Trabzonspor on loan as the Premier League club prepares to bring another disappointing temporary spell to an early end.
According to TyC Sports, negotiations between Chelsea and Trabzonspor are progressing and the Ecuador international could soon make the switch to Turkey. The move would represent the latest chapter in an increasingly unsettled period for the highly rated 19-year-old.
Paez joined Chelsea from Independiente del Valle in a deal agreed in 2023, officially linking up with the London club after turning 18. Rather than immediately entering Chelsea’s first-team plans, however, the attacking midfielder has spent the majority of his time developing away from Stamford Bridge.
His first loan spell, at Strasbourg, was cut short in January after he made 21 appearances and scored once. He subsequently moved to Argentine giants River Plate, initially on a deal running through the end of 2026.
That arrangement now looks set to be terminated prematurely, with Paez reportedly struggling to establish himself as a regular starter at River.
Paez’s time in Argentina has yielded limited returns. Available career records credit him with 12 appearances and one goal for River, highlighting the difficulties he has encountered in securing a consistent role.
The latest reports suggest CHELSEA are therefore seeking another environment in which the youngster can regain his form and fulfil the potential that made him one of South America’s most highly regarded prospects.
Trabzonspor has emerged as the leading destination, with reports indicating that Chelsea are maintaining negotiations with the Turkish club over a loan agreement.
A move to Turkey would give Paez another opportunity to establish himself in senior football and potentially secure the regular playing time that has proved elusive during his previous two European and South American loan spells.
For CHELSEA, meanwhile, the priority will be finding a setting capable of accelerating Paez’s development after successive temporary moves have failed to produce the expected breakthrough.
MORE BIG CHELSEA NEWS AND GOSSIP
Latest: Chelsea still PUSHING Hard sign £77M star – Fans will welcome £100M star – Blues free sign £80M ace
Top Read: Alonso closes in £64M signing after deal done – Fans to give £100M star ‘warm welcome’ – Blues talks sign £80M Forward
Must Check Out: £100M star to make Chelsea move – Spaniard flying in complete medical – £100k-a-week Unit agrees move, Chelsea deal close