live4liverpool.com

Liverpool"100% willing"to let£150k-a-week star leave after official exit talks begin

Liverpool are reportedly willing to sanction a transfer exit for Federico Chiesa this summer after La Liga outfit Valencia initiated talks for the Italian forward.

Last week, a report suggested that the Spanish team, which finished 9th in La Liga, is keen to add Chiesa to their team to inspire an improved finish this season.

Speaking on SER Deportivos Valencia, journalist Fran Guaita said: “VCF has opened official talks about players with a name like Chiesa.I have the impression that they’re looking for a high-quality game-changer up top who can generate market buzz in the last week of August.”

Liverpool are 100% willing to let Chiesa leave for the right effort

Now, trusted journalist for Liverpool news, David Lynch, claims that the Reds will sell Chiesa if they receive the right offer and if they sign their attacking targets for this summer.

Lynch said: “There’s a market for him. If a club comes in with the right offer, Liverpool 100% would be willing to let him go if they get the forward replacements they want.

“I don’t think that one’s in doubt that the key is they would let him go, but it’s got to be right for the player.

“That will be the key thing there. He’s obviously happy to stick around even if doesn’t play so much. But if he does get a good loan move or loan offer, then he is open to that idea. Then Liverpool would absolutely sanction that.”

?????? – @davidlynchlfc on Federico Chiesa: “There’s a market for him. If a club comes in with the right offer, Liverpool 100% would be willing to let him go if they get the forward replacements they want. I don’t think that one’s in doubt that the key is they would let him… pic.twitter.com/L0IXED8cIU

— LFC Transfer Room (@LFCTransferRoom) August 19, 2026

Chiesa’s wages are an issue

I absolutely love Chiesa. By all indications, he is a wonderful person and very hard-working on the training ground and in games; however, he is earning £150,000 per week, and his attacking contributions are not exactly in line with his earnings.

That said, it’s the club’s fault, not his.

He signed the contract he was offered, and between injury, a manager who didn’t give him confidence (Slot) and now another change of manager (Iraola), the cards have been stacked against him.

An increase in his attacking contributions is needed, however, to justify his massive salary. I’d love to see him stay and flourish under Iraola, but I have my reservations.

Read full news in source page