After External Affairs Minister S. Jaishankar's convoy came under attack during his visit to London, United Kingdom on Thursday condemned the breach of security.
A pro-Khalistani protester broke past the barricade and approached EAM's convoy shouting slogans. Jaishankar was leaving the Chatham House in London when the incident took place.
**[Also read | VIDEO | Jaishankar heckled by Khalistani extremist who ran towards his car, tore Indian flag as London police watch](https://www.theweek.in/news/world/2025/03/06/video-jaishankar-heckled-by-khalistani-extremist-who-ran-towards-his-car-tore-indian-flag-as-london-police-watch.html)**
A Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office spokesperson said that such attempts to "intimidate, threaten, or disrupt" public events are "completely unacceptable".
"We strongly condemn the incident," the spokesperson added.
He also said that the Metropolitan Police swiftly acted to address the situation. The spokesperson further added that the UK remains fully committed to ensuring the security of all our diplomatic visitors.
Videos of the security breach had gone viral on social media. UK police's initial reluctance to restrain the attacker sparked a controversy.
MEA had condemned the incident. "We deplore the misuse of democratic freedoms by such elements. We expect the host government in such cases to fully live up to their diplomatic obligations," it said.
The attack came after Jaishankar talked about the issues related to Khalistan extremism during a meeting with the UK's Secretary of State for Home Yvette Cooper.
This is not the first time a breach of security by Khalistani elements took place in the UK. In March last year, pro-Khalistani protesters pulled down the national flag at the Indian High Commission in London.
During his UK tour, Jaishankar met with UK Foreign Secretary David Lammy where they discussed bilateral ties.