Nottingham Forest switch their focus back to the Premier League with a huge game this weekend.
The Reds were in FA Cup action on Monday night and clinched their place in the quarter-finals courtesy of a penalty shootout victory over Ipswich Town. Next up is a meeting with Manchester City at the City Ground on Saturday (12.30pm kick-off) as Nuno Espirito Santo's side aim to maintain their lofty position in the top-flight table.
Forest are currently in third spot, with the reigning champions just one place and one point below them. Below is a look at the Reds' injury state of play ahead of the game.
Carlos Miguel
Injury: Hamstring.
What we know:The Brazilian goalkeeper endured an evening to forget when Forest took on Exeter City in the fourth round of the FA Cup last month. He made an error for the Grecians' first goal, conceded another one and then was forced off on the hour mark after injuring himself when taking a goal-kick.
Get breaking Forest news sent direct to your phone
Join our Nottingham Forest WhatsApp group and get the latest breaking news, interviews and opinion sent straight to your phone, plus matchday team news and live updates of all the action. Just click here and select ‘Join Community’ to get started. The only proviso is that you must have WhatsApp on your phone to participate. No one will be able to see your personal information and you will only receive messages from the NottinghamshireLive Reds writers.
We will not spam your WhatsApp feed with constant messages, but you will receive updates from us daily with the latest Reds stories. If you later decide to opt out, just go to the name at the top of your screen and click 'Exit Group'. We also treat our community members to special offers, promotions and adverts from us and our partners. If you are curious, you can click here to read our Privacy Notice.
Nuno had stated the summer signing would be his cup keeper for as long as the Reds remained in the competition. But Miguel was replaced by No.1 Matz Sels in Devon as the visitors came through on penalties, and the Belgian was between the posts again for the fifth round clash with the Tractor Boys.
In Miguel's absence, Wayne Hennessey has been back-up to Sels. However, Nuno opted against turning to the Welshman in the FA Cup as he has not made a competitive appearance since October 2023.
What has been said: Prior to the Ipswich tie, Nuno said Miguel "is still injured" and ruled him out of contention. A few days after the Exeter match, the Reds boss had said of the Brazilian: “He has an injury and is going to be out for a couple of weeks because it was a big one. It is his hamstring. When he went for a goal kick, he felt something. We did a scan and there is an injury there.”
Earlier this week, Miguel issued his own injury update. Speaking to CNN Brazil (via Sport Witness), he said: “This injury that I suffered serves as a learning experience for me, as an incentive for me to make every good moment something unique and special. I am not used to, and will not get used to, being out of games, especially not decisive ones.
“I am recovering, and I know that when the time is right, I will be in my place, playing my best for Forest.”
What is Forest's strongest XI when everyone is fit? Click HERE to have your say