CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Browns owner Jimmy Haslam recently declined Myles Garrett’s request to talk to him about his trade request, telling him to talk to GM Andrew Berry instead, a league source told cleveland.com
NFL Network’s Tom Pelissero was first with Garrett’s request to speak with Haslam.
Haslam is adamant that Garrett needs to speak with Berry, who’s running the team and in charge of such matters.
Garrett requested a trade from the Browns Feb. 3 in a statement provided to cleveland.com and several other outlets.
Berry told cleveland.com and two other Browns beat writers at the Senior Bowl before the request dropped that he wouldn’t trade Garrett, not even for two first-round picks.
Berry held firm to that stance at the NFL Combine last week, and a source told cleveland.com that Garrett is “not open to” an extension.
Garrett, a future Hall of Famer, also said on Super Bowl Sunday that he’ll do “whatever it takes” to get the Browns to trade him. He’s prepared to miss games to get his wish.
_This story will be updated._