everton.news

Exciting plans shared by The Friedkin Group as Everton make Angus Kinnear announcement

Everton have confirmed Angus Kinnear will be joining the club as their new CEO at the end of the season.

It had been suggested for a while now that Everton were eyeing Kinnear as one of their next appointments away from the pitch.

The Friedkin Group have arrived on Merseyside and are making some big changes both on and off the pitch.

David Moyes is a prime example of that, with the 61-year-old coming in just a month on from the American owners being handed the keys.

Everton are in the process of some significant changes following the end of Farhad Moshiri’s tenure.

And the Friedkins have just shared some of their upcoming plans to change the dynamic of the club behind-the-scenes.

Photo by Marc Atkins/Getty Images

Photo by Marc Atkins/Getty Images

Everton confirm significant off-field plans

There are a number of figures who the new Everton owners are believed to be eyeing ahead of the summer.

Dan Ashworth is someone of interest to Everton as they confirm they are moving on from Kevin Thelwell.

MORE EVERTON STORIES

On Friday afternoon, the club announced their plans to appoint Kinnear at the end of the season, along with plans to change their director of football role.

‘The Club will transition from a single Director of Football to a wider sporting leadership team,’ read the statement.

‘Planning for the summer transfer window is already under way, led by the sporting department and David Moyes, and senior appointments will be announced in due course.’

It is not just Ashworth who the Toffees have their eyes on, as Everton are also considering Rob Newman who was Moyes’ head of recruitment at West Ham.

A new approach is being targeted by the Friedkins in what is set to be an exciting few months ahead for Everton, with the stadium move also coming up.

Everton thank Kevin Thelwell for his service

It has to be said that Thelwell was handed a difficult job during his time at Everton under the ownership of Farhad Moshiri.

Moyes was stunned by Everton’s PSR situation, with the Toffees having been severely restricted by their financial struggles in the transfer market.

But Thelwell has been able to help keep Everton afloat with some of the deals worked behind-the-scenes.

Although they have only been on Merseyside for a matter of months, the Friedkins have payed a lot of gratitude to the exiting Thelwell.

“Kevin has been integral in ensuring Premier League survival in this difficult period. By resolving PSR issues through significant player trading we believe we have an extraordinary squad that can be the foundation for future success,” said Marc Watts.

“This future success will also be supported by our talented sporting department assembled by Kevin. We are pleased Kevin will remain with us in this interim period.”

Read full news in source page