People row kayaks on flooded streets in the city of Bahia Blanca, in the province of Buenos Aires, Argentina March 9, 2025. REUTERS/Juan Sebastian Lobos
BUENOS AIRES, March 10 (Bernama-Xinhua) -- The death toll from the intense storm that struck the southern Argentine port city of Bahia Blanca on Friday has risen to 15, local authorities said Sunday, reported Xinhua.
Federico Susbielles, mayor of Bahia Blanca, said that the number of fatalities could be even higher due to the magnitude of the meteorological phenomenon that hit the city and surrounding towns.
Activities have been suspended, and the locals have been asked to stay home, he added.

[bootstrap slideshow](//www.jssor.com)
According to an update from the municipality of Bahia Blanca, at least 1,450 people have been evacuated so far, while another 100 are missing.
The government of Argentina arranged an assistance and evacuation operation involving the defense and security ministries as well as the government of the province of Buenos Aires.
Friday's rainstorm was the most intense one in the city's history, breaking the rainfall record set in March 1933, according to official data.
_BERNAMA provides up-to-date authentic and comprehensive news and information which are disseminated via BERNAMA Wires; www.bernama.com; BERNAMA TV on Astro 502, unifi TV 631 and MYTV 121 channels and BERNAMA Radio on FM93.9 (Klang Valley), FM107.5 (Johor Bahru), FM107.9 (Kota Kinabalu) and FM100.9 (Kuching) frequencies. Follow us on social media :_
_Facebook : @bernamaofficial, @bernamatv, @bernamaradio_
_
Twitter : @bernama.com, @BernamaTV, @bernamaradio
Instagram : @bernamaofficial, @bernamatvofficial, @bernamaradioofficial
TikTok : @bernamaofficial
_