Officials from the party of Democratic Republic of Congo's (DRC) former president [Joseph Kabila](https://www.timeslive.co.za/sunday-times/opinion-and-analysis/opinion/2025-02-23-drc-crisis-needs-more-than-a-military-solution/) appeared before a military prosecutor on Monday in a sign of political tensions over advances by Rwanda-backed rebels in the east.
The exact reason for the invitation to appear before the prosecutor was not clear, said Jean Mbuyu, a lawyer for the officials and former security adviser to Kabila.
But after leaving the prosecutor's office on Monday evening, one of the officials told Reuters they had been called in for questioning over February 26 comments made by Aubin Minaku, vice-president of the party and former president of the National Assembly.
"The chief said 'we must be ready for anything'," Minaku said at the time, referring to Kabila.
"When the chief says we must be ready for everything, each of us, a pure-blooded \[party member\] understands ... the time for silence, for clandestine actions is over — now is the time for open actions."
Marcel Bombamba, another of the group's lawyers, said no charges were laid against them.