everton.news

Everton fans are not going to be happy with PGMOL announcement ahead of their West Ham clash -…

Everton will be looking to head into the international break back on winning ways against West Ham this weekend.

David Moyes has performed miracles on Merseyside since being appointed back in January as Sean Dyche’s successor.

An eight-game unbeaten run for Everton in the Premier League has seen the Toffees pull clear of the relegation battle.

However, it is now three games without a win following a run of draws.

Although the Blues are proving difficult to beat under Moyes, there will be a burning desire from the 61-year-old to get back to winning ways.

Everton have the opportunity to pull three points clear of West Ham this weekend with a victory at Goodison Park, but there has been an announcement that may worry some fans.

Photo by Warren Little/Getty Images

Photo by Warren Little/Getty Images

PGMOL make controversial Everton vs West Ham announcement

Everton had interest in appointing Graham Potter to replace Dyche back in January; on Saturday they will come up against him.

MORE EVERTON STORIES

It has been a tricky start to life under the 49-year-old who has seen the Toffees pull ahead of them despite being well adrift just a matter of weeks ago.

Ahead of the game on Saturday, PGMOL have just announced their list of officials appointed for the game at Goodison.

Referee: Darren Bond

Linesmen: Dan Robathan & Marc Perry

Fourth official: Ruebyn Ricardo

VAR: Chris Kavanagh

Assistant VAR: Scott Ledger

During a game earlier in the season, Chris Kavanagh made a controversial decision in Everton vs Brentford, which saw Christian Norgaard red-carded.

Kavanagh was slammed by the likes of Alan Shearer on Match of the Day for sending off the Brentford player, but he has also made mistakes going against Everton before.

Kavanagh apology received after Everton mistake vs Man City

The appointment of Kavanagh is one which may not sit well with some of the fans at Goodison due to their previous with the 39-year-old.

Following a Rodri handball in Everton’s defeat to Manchester City in 2022, PGMOL’s boss at the time, Mike Riley, issued an apology to the Toffees.

Everton lost the game at Goodison on that night by the narrow margin of one goal as the Blues were fighting for their Premier League status.

It was a decision which Everton manager Frank Lampard was left absolutely furious over.

“The decision is incredible and that loses us the opportunity to get what we deserved,” said Lampard.

“That’s a VAR call. That’s Chris Kavanagh. It wouldn’t have needed more than five seconds to know it was a penalty.

“He (Kavanagh) should have either told the referee to give it or told him to go look at it.

“We’ve lost a point because of a professional who cannot do his job right.”

Read full news in source page