Fulham striker Carlos Vinícius could return to Brazil this summer, with his agent insisting that “there is a real chance” of it happening.
[Journalist Jorge Nicola](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-2twk5I2rA) covers the striker today and a potential return to his homeland in the summer transfer window.
The 29-year-old is out of contract with Fulham in the summer and despite having an option to extend by a year, Marco Silva’s side are looking unlikely to use it.
Carlos Vinícius is currently third in the rankings at the club behind Raul Jimenez and Rodrigo Muniz, something which has limited him to one appearance in the Premier League this season and another in the FA Cup.
He does not appear to be in Silva’s plans moving forwards, and he is currently free to negotiate a pre-contract with sides outside of England should he wish.
That means the future is very much in his hands and it appears he’s eyeing a return home to Brazil, where he previously played for Santos, Palmeiras, Caldense and Anápolis before moving to Portugal in 2017.
It’s been a tour of Europe since then playing in Italy, France, the Netherlands and Turkey as well as England and he may be ready to bring that to an end.
“I need to talk now about Carlos Vinícius. You remember him, right?” Nicola said in his latest video.
“The center forward, now 29 years old, plays for Fulham and has already been linked with several Brazilian clubs, including Palmeiras, Corinthians, Flamengo, Atlético Mineiro, among others.
“And the good news is that the guy from the beginning will be released from his contract with Fulham in England in July and can already sign a pre-contract. Before recording this video, I spoke with Flávio Ribeiro, who is the guy from the beginning’s agent, and he made it very clear that there is a real chance that the player will return to Brazil.
“Take a look at the statement – “There is a good chance that Vinícius will return to Brazil in the middle of the year. We are open to proposals,” said the agent.
“As I said, the contract ends in June, on June 30, but Fulham has until May 31st to exercise an automatic extension of the contract. Everything suggests that Fulham will not do this. Especially because Carlos Vinícius season is bad. He has only been on the field on two occasions.
“The minutes show signs of a match in December. The minutes show signs of another match in February. So, the biggest tendency is that Fulham will release him, and Carlos Vinícius will finally be able to fulfil his dream of returning to Brazilian football.”