straitstimes.com

Russia ready to discuss peace initiative on Ukraine with US as early as March 13

MOSCOW – Russian Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Maria Zakharova said her country was ready to talk to the United States about a [peace initiative](https://straitstimes.com/world/europe/what-is-us-ukraine-proposed-30-day-ceasefire-deal-about) discussed between the US and Ukraine, and contacts could take place on March 13.

After talks with top US diplomats in Saudi Arabia on March 11, Ukraine said it was ready to accept a 30-day ceasefire and the United States said it was putting the proposal to Moscow.

“We are ready to discuss the initiatives set out there in future contacts with the United States. Such contacts are already possible as early as today,” Ms Zakharova said.

The Kremlin said earlier that US negotiators were flying to Russia.

It said Kremlin foreign policy adviser Yuri Ushakov and US National Security Adviser Mike Waltz had spoken by phone on March 12. REUTERS

Join [ST's Telegram channel](https://t.me/TheStraitsTimes) and get the latest breaking news delivered to you.

Read full news in source page