Chelsea are preparing a pre-summer offer to sign one striker for Enzo Maresca, with his club already looking at replacements if they're forced to sell him.
Chelsea play FC Copenhagen in Conference League second leg
Tonight, the west Londoners are favourites to overcome Danish minnows FC Copenhagen and stride into the Conference League quarter-finals after their 2-1 first leg win last week.
chelsea-general-premier-league Related
[£250,000-per-week player "could be set" for surprise exit from Chelsea](https://www.footballfancast.com/jadon-sancho-could-be-set-for-surprise-exit-from-chelsea/ "£250,000-per-week player "could be set" for surprise exit from Chelsea")
The Blues are already looking at other options.
Goals from Reece James and Enzo Fernández handed them a crucial advantage heading into tonight's face-off at Stamford Bridge, while Gabriel Pereira clawed one back for the visitors and ensured that Copenhagen could still be in with a shot of causing a major upset.
Chelsea's next five Premier League fixtures Date
Arsenal (away) March 16th
Tottenham (home) April 2nd
Brentford (away) April 5th
Ipswich Town (home) April 12th
Fulham (away) April 19th
Chelsea have won their last three games in all competitions, slightly lifting the spirits around Cobham after a real mid-season slump in form, and Maresca will be keen for his side to make an electric start to the 90 this evening.
"I was surprised, as I said last week because I watched many games, they were off the ball always defending with a line of four and then against us, they were in a line of five," said Maresca on FC Copenhagen's performance against Chelsea last week.
"Even in their game two days ago, they were again a line of four. The reason why we were a little bit surprised was because of that, but then we tried to adapt.
enzo-maresca-chelsea-premier-league
"To be honest, I do not know if they are going to be in one way or another way. We will see."
During his pre-match press conference on Wednesday, Maresca also shared an update on striker Nicolas Jackson, and when the Senegalese could be back from injury.
"He could be back, probably after the international break," said Maresca on Jackson's recovery. "Him and Noni also. This is good news. Before the international break, we have two games, tomorrow and Sunday, and then we have international break, we can recover energy, recover players and then go for the last [bit of the season]."
Jackson's return after the international break will be a welcome boost for Maresca, given his lack of available out-and-out centre-forwards, but it is believed Chelsea are planning to sign a new striker to partner him ahead of next season.
Chelsea ready to make £50m offer for Ipswich Town striker Liam Delap
According to The Boot Room, Ipswich Town star Liam Delap remains very high on Chelsea's shortlist of potential alternatives to Jackson and Christopher Nkunku after previous links to the former Man City forward.
The outlet and journalist Graeme Bailey report that Chelsea want to sign Delap as soon as possible, and are very eager to finalise a pre-summer deal for the Englishman, as they grow very wary of rival interest for him.
Delap-Ipswich-Premier-League
They're also said to be planning a £50 million offer for his services as they look to secure his services before the next window, but Ipswich are in no rush to reach an agreement given the potential bidding war for Delap, despite already working on potential replacements for their star striker.
The 22-year-old is Chelsea's top summer target alongside RB Leipzig starlet Benjamin Sesko, but £50 million may not even be enough, as other reports suggest his valuation could shoot up to £60 million.
Delap has scored 10 goals in 27 Premier League appearances for Kieran McKenna's relegation-threatened side this term, including one against Chelsea back in December.