SEPANG - Three foreign robbers were shot dead after attacking a team of policemen at Desa Vista in Malaysia.
The police were deployed following a house break-in in the area at about 3am on March 14.
Bukit Aman deputy Criminal Investigation Department (CID) director deputy commissioner Fadil Marsus said the house owner alerted the police after the house alarm was triggered.
“A CID officer was deployed to track down the suspects and managed to corner them at a wilderness area near a water tank in the area.
“The suspects aged between 35 and 40 attacked the police personnel using machetes before they were shot,” he said when met at the crime scene on March 14.
Mr Fadil said the suspects were active in robberies and house break-ins in Selangor, Kuala Lumpur and Negri Sembilan involving almost RM 1 million (S$300,600) in losses.
“The suspects also acted violently by injuring victims during house break-ins in Sungai Buloh by slashing a victim.
“Checks revealed the suspects were responsible for 17 cases since early last year, including three cases during the Ramadan month,” he said.
Mr Fadil said all suspects would go back to their home country after committing the crimes and will return to Malaysia to continue their crime spree.
“We are tracking down two more suspects believed to be from the same robbery gang.
“The bodies were brought to Serdang Hospital for postmortem,” he said.
Mr Fadil warned that the police will not compromise in taking action against anyone who commit crimes, especially violent ones.
“We will look for them anywhere. We will take stern action against those who dare to commit violent crimes in the country,” he said. THE STAR/ASIA NEWS NETWORK
Join ST's Telegram channel and get the latest breaking news delivered to you.
Thanks for sharing!