molineux.news

Latest Wolves news today: Vitor Pereira outlines transfer priority and £5m move eyed for…

Vitor Pereira will take his Wolves side to Southampton this weekend in a relegation six-pointer at the bottom of the Premier League table.

Although Southampton are dead and buried, Wolves head into Saturday’s clash six points above the relegation zone, with Ipswich Town and Leicester City struggling for points.

A trip to St Mary’s, therefore, presents a chance for Vitor Pereira’s side to move one step closer to securing safety for another season.

Ahead of this big showdown on the South Coast, here’s the latest news coming out of Molineux.

Photo by Marcio Machado/Eurasia Sport Images/Getty Images

Photo by Marcio Machado/Eurasia Sport Images/Getty Images

Wolves want Brazilian wonderkid Riquelme Fillipi

Safety isn’t yet secure in the top-flight but Pereira has one eye on the transfer market, with an onus on shopping for the future.

One player Wolves have been linked with is Riquelme Fillipi, the Brazilian wonderkid winger who is tearing it up for the Palmeiras U20s.

The 18-year-old has 11 goals in nine appearances in 2025, with Wolves said to be prepping a £5m bid for the teenager.

Hwang Hee-chan shares personal update

It’s been a difficult campaign for Hwang Hee-chan. The South Korean forward scored 12 goals last term, and unfortunately, he’s only managed two so far in 2024/25.

MORE WOLVES STORIES

A mix of injury troubles and poor form have impacted the 29-year-old. But he did return from his latest setback in the draw against Everton, and now he’s looking to get back to his best.

Ahead of the visit to Southampton, Hwang confirmed he’s injury-free and no longer in pain, which will encourage supporters.

Wolves one of many clubs eyeing Koni De Winter

Pereira could be in the market for another centre-back in the summer, despite recently signing defenders Nasser Djiga and Emmanuel Agbadou.

Wolves have been linked with Genoa’s Koni De Winter, and the star compared to Manchester City legend Vincent Kompany could have plenty of options should he decide to leave.

As many as seven clubs want to sign De Winter, including AC Milan, Nottingham Forest and West Ham, which could derail the Wanderers chances of landing him.

Vitor Pereira outlines transfer priority

Pereira was satisfied with the work Wolves did during January, as three new players were signed, with Wolves spending the second most amount of money in the division.

But the Portuguese tactician accepts that, alongside multiple players potentially leaving, he needs to bolster his squad.

In an interview on Thursday, Pereira said he wants a player with ‘individual skill’, perhaps hinting at the club finally replacing Pedro Neto who joined Chelsea last year.

Read full news in source page