newcastleworld.com

Liverpool star left out of international squad due to injury - out of Carabao Cup final v…

Watch more of our videos on ShotsTV.com

and on Freeview 262 or Freely 565

Visit Shots! now

Liverpool are preparing to face Newcastle United in the Carabao Cup final without a recognised right-back.

Liverpool will be without both of their recognised right-backs for Sunday’s Carabao Cup final against Newcastle United at Wembley.

Trent Alexander-Arnold picked up an ankle injury during the Reds’ Champions League exit against Paris Saint-Germain on Tuesday night, with Jarell Quansah ending the match at right-back.

Arne Slot’s side were already without Conor Bradley, who sustained a hamstring injury in the 2-2 draw away to Aston Villa last month.

Liverpool right-back issues

“With Trent, he had to come off. That’s never a good sign,” Slot said immediately after the penalty shootout loss to PSG.

“And from what I heard from people that saw the images or how he got injured, that didn’t look very good. So I would be surprised if he is available for Sunday.”

Meanwhile, any slim hopes of Bradley returning for the cup final were ruled out earlier this week when the 21-year-old was left out of Northern Ireland’s squad for upcoming friendlies against Switzerland and Sweden.

Bradley will instead remain on Merseyside and hope to return in time for the Premier League clash against Everton after the international break.

“When any of the younger players are out it is a big blow and Conor has been fantastic for us,” said Northern Ireland manager Michael O’Neill.

Click here to join NewcastleWorld's dedicated NUFC WhatsApp channel for news, videos and voice notes. CLICK THE BELL FOR NOTIFICATIONS.

“He was great in the Nations League and loves coming away to play. What I do see in him and other young players is their personality grows within the squad but they can only do that if they are available to come.

“Conor’s disappointed to be missing and being part of the squad and having the opportunity to play.

“He’s had to be patient at Liverpool at times this season in terms of minutes so he would have looked at this as an opportunity to play back to back games but unfortunately he picked up an injury.”

Newcastle United without their first choice left side

Quansah started at right-back when Liverpool visited St James’ Park in December. Bradley was ruled out while Alexander-Arnold was named on the bench as he made his way back to full fitness.

That day, Quansah had the task of defending against Anthony Gordon and Lewis Hall, however, Newcastle’s left-side will be totally different on Sunday.

With Gordon suspended and Hall out for the remainder of the campaign after undergoing ankle surgery, Tino Livramento is expected to start at left-back with Harvey Barnes in front. The pair started together in Monday’s 1-0 win away to West Ham United.

YOUR NEXT READ:Liverpool supporters will be raging with PGMOL announcement before Newcastle United final.

Read full news in source page