Chelsea have agreed a deal to sign a £40m player who has said yes to Enzo Maresca’s plans at Stamford Bridge.
Chelsea advance in Europa Conference League with goal from Dewsbury-Hall
The Blues’ push to win the Europa Conference League in Maresca’s first season in charge continued on Thursday evening after a 3-1 aggregate win over FC Copenhagen.
A goal from Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall in the second half ensured victory on the night which sets up a quarter-final tie against Legia Warsaw.
It wasn’t all positive though, with some boos ringing around Stamford Bridge at half-time from the Chelsea faithful. Talking after the game, Maresca said: “This club always won trophies in the past and we need to do our best to achieve our target this season. We have to give the fans and the club a title.”
Behind the scenes in London, Todd Boehly and co appear to have one eye on the upcoming transfer market. A new striker is seemingly high up on the wishlist, with Ipswich Town star Liam Delap a firm target with the Tractor Boys on course for a return to the Championship.
chelsea-transfers-enzo-maresca-kobbie-mainoo Related
Chelsea ready £67m bid for Premier League star who's keen on joining Maresca
The west Londoners are already preparing a serious assault.
Lille’s Jonathan David is also on the Stamford Bridge radar, however, continuing the trend of signing some of the best youngsters around, Chelsea have made a breakthrough for one teenage winger.
Chelsea agree deal with Sporting CP for Geovany Quenda
Sporting CP winger Geovany Quenda, has been heavily linked with a move to Premier League rivals Manchester United and was expected to reunite with Ruben Amorim at Old Trafford.
Sporting CP's Geovany Quenda
However, the Blues have now made their move, with transfer expert Fabrizio Romano revealing that Chelsea have agreed a deal to sign Quenda from Sporting CP.
The 17-year-old, who has enjoyed a breakthrough campaign in Portugal which began under Amorim, is set to officially sign for the Blues in 2026, with a medical already being completed. Romano described it as a ‘secret blitz’, with Quenda, a "top talent", saying ‘yes to Chelsea's project and Maresca’s plans’.
The BBC have added that a fee is believed to be in the region of £40m, with a seven-year deal being drawn up. Chelsea will be getting a player next year who Man City star Bernardo Silva has praised in the past. "He will probably steal my place [in the Portugal side]. At 17, I wasn't even playing for Benfica's youth team."
Meanwhile, Amorim has also hailed Quenda, saying last year. "He's a very talented kid. Very physically robust, very focused, with his feet firmly on the ground. That's very important for a young player. He got his chance and there was no chance to take it away, no doubt, nothing. I think he's going to be a great player, but let's give it time."