aa.com.tr

Journalist, cameraman injured in missile attack on Syria-Lebanon border

**ISTANBUL** 

A Journalist and cameraman were injured in a missile attack along the Syrian-Lebanese border on Monday, Syrian state media said.

According to the state news agency SANA, the two were injured when they were directly targeted by a guided missile fired by the Lebanese group Hezbollah near the Zeita Dam, west of Homs.

There was no immediate comment from Hezbollah on the report.

On Sunday, Syrian authorities accused Hezbollah of kidnapping and killing three soldiers, an accusation denied by the Lebanese group.

A Lebanese military statement said the bodies of the three soldiers had been handed over to Damascus, adding that it was in contact with Syrian authorities to maintain security along the border.

According to the army, Lebanese border villages came under artillery shelling from the Syrian side, prompting the Lebanese military to respond to the fire.

The Lebanon-Syria border, spanning 375 kilometers (233 miles), features rugged terrain with no clear demarcation in many areas. While six official border crossings exist, the region remains porous, with frequent activity at unauthorized routes.

Hezbollah had maintained strong ties with the ousted regime of Bashar al-Assad, who governed from 2000 to 2024.

Assad, Syria’s leader for nearly 25 years, fled to Russia on Dec. 8, 2024, ending the Baath Party regime, which had been in power since 1963.

[Anadolu Agency website contains only a portion of the news stories offered to subscribers in the AA News Broadcasting System (HAS), and in summarized form. **Please contact us for subscription options.**](https://www.aa.com.tr/en/p/subscription/1001)

Read full news in source page