dtt-net.com

51 North Macedonia citizens severely injured in nightclub fire sent abroad for treatment

Skopje, 17 March 2025, dtt-net.com – A total of 51 citizens of North Macedonia citizens suffering from severe burns after Saturday night nightclub fire are sent so far to Austria, Croatia, Bulgaria, Greece, Hungary, Turkey, Serbia, Lithuania, Romania and Norway for treatment, with more neighbouring countries, the USA and Israel also offering assistance in dealing with the crisis, authorities said.

Another 12 will be sent during the day abroad for treatment, according to the ministry of foreign affairs.

The Minister of Foreign Affairs, Timcho Mucunski, today said that some other countries from the EU are also sending medical teams to provide assistance to the injured patients being treated in the country.

51 people died and 155 are injured from the fire in Kocani town,

The government has declared a seven-day mourning following the tragic accident caused by fireworks used against the rules in the facility transformed illegally into a nightclub and operating for years as such.

The prosecution has launched a massive investigation and is questioning dozens of suspects over the illegal functioning of the nightclub.

(To be updated….)

Post Views: 6

Read full news in source page