Cam Thomas is one of the Brooklyn Nets' current stars, but that doesn't mean he'll stay with them. The LSU alum is hitting restricted free agency this offseason, so they will have to match other teams' offer sheets to keep him.
Thomas averaged a team-high 24 points on 43.8 percent shooting with 3.3 rebounds and 3.8 assists in 31.2 minutes this year. The 23-year-old is one of the most dynamic young guards in the NBA, but injuries have plagued him, as he's never passed 67 games played in a season.
The Nets announced on Saturday that Thomas will miss the rest of 2024-25 with a hamstring strain, capping his campaign at 25 games.
The 2021 No. 27 overall pick opened up about his future after the unfortunate development, via ClutchPoints' Erik Slater.
"I was drafted here so you have a connection... I'm gonna let my agents and the front office discuss that out," he said. "We should be good, though. I'm very confident and happy to be back, if I am back. So we'll see."
Cam Thomas said he would love to re-sign with the Nets in free agency:
"I was drafted here so you have a connection... I'm gonna let my agents and the front office discuss that out. We should be good, though. I'm very confident and happy to be back, if I am back. So we'll see." pic.twitter.com/FjR6UM7t4O
— Erik Slater (@erikslater_) March 16, 2025
Thomas, who averaged 22.5 points on 44.2 percent shooting in his breakout season last year, also thinks that he can be a core piece for Brooklyn's future.
"Yeah, of course. When I got major minutes, I feel like I've been one of the best guards in the league…" he continued. "When I do have the minutes in a featured role, the sky's the limit for me."
Meanwhile, Cameron Johnson (19.1 PPG) will lead the Nets (23-45) for the rest of the season.
Related: Ben Simmons Makes Strong Admission After 7 Missed Games
Related: Former Lakers Star Makes Admission About NBA Future After Being Traded
Copyright 2025 The Arena Group, Inc. All Rights Reserved
This story was originally published March 17, 2025 at 8:42 PM.