Noa Argamani who was rescued from Hamas captivity in an IDF operation last August and whose partner, Avinatan Or was still held captive, posted an emoji of a broken heart on X after Israel launched its surprise aerial attacks on Hamas in the Gaza Strip, ending the two-month truce.
A first sign of life from Or was received just last week after 523 days, his family said. They revealed that he was being held in central Gaza, under harsh conditions.
4הפוסט של נועה ארגמניהפוסט של נועה ארגמני
Noa Argamani posts broke heart emoji
4נועה ארגמנינועה ארגמני
Avitatan Or and Noa Argamani abducted by Hamas during the October 7 massacre
678897#החטיפה של אבינתן אור ונועה ארגמני### Share
×live00:0000:00HD
Quality
×
720p HDAudio
Audio
×
Noa Argamani and Avinatan Or abducted to Gaza
His brother, Moshe Or, described the news as a "huge relief." Speaking to Ynet, he said, "We always knew he was alive. Now we have official confirmation. It gives us strength and renewed energy to keep fighting and not give up." However, he emphasized that their ultimate goal remains Or’s release. "This is encouraging, but we’re not here just for a sign of life. In the end, we want Avinatan back—not just proof that he’s still alive."
Argamani and Or were abducted from the Nova music festival. Footage of their abduction spread quickly around the world, becoming a symbol of the atrocities committed in the massacre.
Israelis who survived captivity and the families of hostages still held in Gaza expressed great concern over the fate of the hostages after the cease-fire ended.
4לישי מירן- לביא, בעלה עומרי חטוף בעזהלישי מירן- לביא, בעלה עומרי חטוף בעזה
Lishay Miran-Lavi (Photo: Ella Dagan)
4עומרי מירןעומרי מירן
Hostage Omri Miran (Photo: Courtesy of the family )
Lishay Miran-Lavi whose husband Omri was held in Gaza since he was abducted from his home in Kibbutz Nahal Oz during the Hamas massacre posted an emoji of a broken heart on X.
<< Get the Ynetnews app on your smartphone: Google Play: https://bit.ly/4eJ37pE | Apple App Store: https://bit.ly/3ZL7iNv >>
She had recently attacked Strategic Affairs Minister Ron Dermer who heads Israel's negotiation team to secure the release of the hostages amid discussions over a limited hostage release deal. Miran-Lavi wrote in a letter to Dermer that if the hostages do not return alive, their blood would be on his hands.