Wojciech Szczęsny says he plans to make a decision on his future “soon” amid speculation he could stay at the club for another year.
The veteran has becomes Barca’s No. 1 this season after coming out of retirement to join the club and isn’t ruling out staying for a bit longer.
“Probably, soon it will be time to make the decision about my future. Now the most important thing is to focus all my physical and mental energy on the next matches. We have to play our best,” he told Eleven Sports.
“Playing for Barça is something very exciting because you play very beautiful football, something completely different from what I’ve experienced so far.
“I think I’m not 100% yet. The best point of form is yet to come.”
Szczesny remains unbeaten in a Barcelona shirt, with Sunday’s win over Atletico the latest victory for the veteran goalkeeper.
He’ll also now get a rest over the international break before Barca return to action, with their next fixture currently set for next week against Osasuna.