nottinghampost.com

Nottingham Forest 'plan' scouting mission as winger interest reignited after January bid

Nottingham Forest are said to have reignited their interest in Galatasaray winger Baris Alper Yilmaz ahead of the summer transfer window.

The Reds were linked with the 24-year-old in January as they weighed up adding more attacking threat to Nuno Espirito Santo’s squad. Reports from Turkey have suggested Forest had an offer of €20 million (£17m), plus €5m (£4m) bonuses, turned down for the wide man.

Ahead of what has the makings of being an important summer at the City Ground, Yilmaz is said to be on the club’s radar once again. According to Turkish newspaper Takvim, the Reds are “not giving up” on the player.

It is claimed Forest are preparing to send scouts to watch him play later this month. Galatasaray’s derby away to rivals Besiktas on March 29 is said to have been identified as an opportunity to watch Yilmaz, who is under contract until 2027, in action.

Takvim report the Reds are keen to “closely monitor” the Turkey international and collate “information about his current situation”. A €25m (£21m) price tag is said to have been placed on Yilmaz’s head.

Yilmaz joined Galatasaray from Ankara Keciorengucu in 2021. So far this season he has weighed in with 11 goals and five assists from 37 appearances across the league and Europa League.

Reports from Turkey can sometimes be taken with a pinch of salt but it would come as little surprise if Forest assess their wide options in the summer. The Reds made it a priority to sign wingers 12 months ago, bringing in Ramon Sosa and Jota Silva to provide cover and competition for Callum Hudson-Odoi and Anthony Elanga.

Get breaking Forest news sent direct to your phone

Join our Nottingham Forest WhatsApp group and get the latest breaking news, interviews and opinion sent straight to your phone, plus matchday team news and live updates of all the action. Just click here and select ‘Join Community’ to get started. The only proviso is that you must have WhatsApp on your phone to participate. No one will be able to see your personal information and you will only receive messages from the NottinghamshireLive Reds writers.

We will not spam your WhatsApp feed with constant messages, but you will receive updates from us daily with the latest Reds stories. If you later decide to opt out, just go to the name at the top of your screen and click 'Exit Group'. We also treat our community members to special offers, promotions and adverts from us and our partners. If you are curious, you can click here to read our Privacy Notice.

Both newcomers have struggled for regular game time, however, as they adapt to the Premier League. Jota came off the bench to score in Saturday's 4-2 victory over Ipswich Town, after Elanga had already netted a brace, but Sosa was not included in the squad.

There is every chance that come the summer Forest will be planning for a European campaign. Nuno’s men are third in the table and have Champions League qualification very much in their sights.

Do Forest need to strengthen out wide in the summer? Click HERE to have your say

Read full news in source page