Vyacheslav Gladkov, the governor of Russia’s Belgorod region, reported on Tuesday that Ukrainian forces were firing on the border district of Krasnoyaruzhsky.
“All services — including, first and foremost, the Defense Ministry, border guards, BARS-Belgorod \[volunteer unit\], Orlan, local self-defense forces, the district head, and the deputy governor — are at their posts, working to ensure residents’ safety,” Gladkov stated. He described the situation in the region as “difficult.”
The governor said settlements in the Krasnoyaruzhsky district were under artillery fire and had so far been targeted by 29 projectiles and 49 Ukrainian drones, 12 of which were shot down.
Gladkov also reported that a bus had hit an explosive device on a road near the village of Grafovka, leaving three people injured. The Telegram channel Mash said that two buses carrying workers from the Krasnoyaruzhsky Broiler company struck landmines, injuring five people.
The Telegram channel Russian Spring War Correspondents said that Ukrainian forces had launched “offensive actions” in the Belgorod area. According to the channel, Ukrainian troops began moving equipment and personnel toward the border near the border of the Belgorod and Kursk regions overnight, and in the morning, they started mine clearance operations in the areas of Prilesye, Grafovka, and Demidovka. “Then, several tanks and infantry on ATVs were sent into an attack around Prilesye and Grafovka area,” the post reads.
Other pro-military Telegram channels also reported increased Ukrainian activity near the border of the Belgorod region. According to the channel Arkhangel Spetsnaza, “the defensive line was not breached.” “There was an attempt by Ukrainian infantry to break through, but it failed,” the post reads.
The Telegram channel Pepel claimed that the local authorities have begun evacuating residents from the village of Grafovka. The channel also said a school building in the village was completely destroyed by shelling.