amu.tv

Overnight clashes reported between Taliban, Pakistani border Forces in Khost

KHOST, Afghanistan — Armed clashes erupted late Sunday night between Taliban forces and Pakistani border guards in the Paluso area of Zazi Maidan district, in Khost province, local sources told Amu TV.

The skirmish reportedly began around midnight, but details regarding casualties or damages remain unclear. Neither the Taliban nor Pakistani officials have commented on the incident.

The latest clashes come amid rising tensions along the Afghanistan-Pakistan border, where disputes over security and territorial control have led to repeated confrontations. The Torkham border crossing has remained closed for 26 days, disrupting trade and travel and worsening economic difficulties on both sides.

In recent months, similar confrontations have occurred in multiple border areas. Last month, a deadly skirmish broke out near the Spin Boldak crossing in Kandahar province, resulting in casualties on both sides.

Security

Torkham meeting agrees on reopening border crossing

March 17, 2025

Security

Senior Pakistani official says Taliban support cross-border militancy

March 17, 2025

Afghanistan, Security

Talks to resume on reopening of Torkham border

March 17, 2025

Security

Explosion reported in northern Kabul

March 16, 2025

Read full news in source page