dailycannon.com

Newcastle chairman makes decision on Isak transfer

Alexander Isak may be Arsenal’s top transfer target this summer, but Newcastle United’s chairman has told the club to resist all offers for the player.

NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE, ENGLAND - MARCH 02: Alexander Isak of Newcastle United in action during the Emirates FA Cup Fifth Round match between Newcastle United and Brighton & Hove Albion at St James' Park on March 02, 2025 in Newcastle upon Tyne, England. (Photo by Stu Forster/Getty Images)

Photo by Stu Forster/Getty Images

Craig Hope reports for the Daily Mail that Newcastle United chairman Yasir Al Rumayyan has told the club to resist any offers for Alexander Isak this summer.

Al Rumayyan is adamant that Isak won’t be going anywhere this summer, with the striker having three years left on his contract.

The report adds that Barcelona are interested, watching Isak play against West Ham United recently, but Newcastle will explore a new contract for the player this summer.

NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE, ENGLAND - MARCH 02: Alexander Isak of Newcastle United celebrates scoring his team's first goal from the penalty spot during the Emirates FA Cup Fifth Round match between Newcastle United and Brighton & Hove Albion at St James' Park on March 02, 2025 in Newcastle upon Tyne, England. (Photo by George Wood/Getty Images)

Photo by George Wood/Getty Images

As well as Barcelona, Arsenal will be disappointed if Newcastle genuinely refuse to entertain any offers for Isak this summer. Fabrizio Romano reported this week that Isak is the club’s “absolute top target” this summer, with Liverpool also interested.

Though Liverpool only have Isak as one name on their shortlist, the striker is Arsenal’s priority signing.

Perhaps the only thing that could push the situation back in Arsenal’s favour would be if Newcastle fail to secure Champions League football. With Isak in such strong form and the two top teams in the country looking to add him to their ranks, it’s going to be hard to keep the striker happy without it.

As it stands, with fifth place set to be enough to secure Champions League football, Newcastle are sixth. But they have a game in hand on the teams above them and require just three points to move into fourth.

NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE, ENGLAND - NOVEMBER 02: Alexander Isak of Newcastle United celebrates scoring his team's first goal during the Premier League match between Newcastle United FC and Arsenal FC at St James' Park on November 02, 2024 in Newcastle upon Tyne, England. (Photo by Stu Forster/Getty Images)

Photo by Stu Forster/Getty Images

The player himself insisted there won’t be any decisions made on his future until the summer, saying last week: “That’ll probably be a talking point once the season is finished. We will see, because no talks have been held yet.”

Isak has 23 goals in 33 appearances for Newcastle this season, as well as five assists.

Most recently, he scored in the League Cup final to secure the trophy for his team over Liverpool, having also scored against Arsenal and Chelsea earlier in the competition.

Related Posts

Read full news in source page