By MIKAELA WILKES FOR DAILY MAIL AUSTRALIA
Published: 01:42 EDT, 19 March 2025 | Updated: 01:42 EDT, 19 March 2025
Dave 'Hughsey' Hughes looked a little worse for wear as he ducked out for a coffee in Melbourne on Monday after a headline-grabbing show at the Adelaide Fridge Festival.
Earlier this month, footage emerged of the comedian and former radio host angrily spraying three audience members at the event.
The crowd chanted 'out' as Hughesy told the group: 'I'm sorry, it's my f**king show, you have to shut up.'
Following the fracas, he revealed he had issued the talkative group five warnings and offered them a refund before booting them from the room.
During his outing this week, Hughesy, 54, appeared tense as he was spotted leaving a café in the trendy suburb of Prahran.
The father-of-three ducked out for a caffeine hit in a streetwear ensemble, teaming an olive green Nike crew neck top with a pair of black Adidas shorts and fun socks.
Dave 'Hughsey' Hughes looked a little worse for wear as he ducked out for a coffee in Melbourne on Monday after a headline-grabbing show at the Adelaide Fridge Festival
During his outing this week, Hughesy, 54, appeared tense as he was spotted leaving a café in the trendy suburb of Prahran
Hughesy also rocked his favourite pair of hot pink and orange running shoes and his Apple watch.
He carried his car keys in one hand, iPhone in the other, and sported a five o' clock shadow as he ran his errands.
At times, he appeared lost in thought and far away, wearing a serious expression on his face.
It's been a whirlwind two weeks for the media personality, who also made an appearance on The Kyle and Jackie O Show to try and clear the air with longtime rival Kyle Sandilands.
Hughesy told a reporter he 'had no empathy' for his radio rival as news broke of the shock jock's brain aneurysm.
According to Hughesy, he'd been asked about Kyle's radio ratings in Melbourne and the quote had been taken out of context.
But the story had already bolted.
Kyle's co-host Jackie 'O' Henderson told Dave his recent comments about Kyle seemed 'out of character'.
'This is fake news. It's misinformation,' he said.
'With that article, I wasn't asked about Kyle's health. Look, I just got out of the [I'm A Celebrity] jungle.
'I had no idea who's who was in good or bad health. So, I hadn't heard about your brain aneurysm, Kyle. The question was the ratings in different cities and like, you know, is there empathy about you guys in Melbourne? And that was the question I was asked.'
Kyle said that when reading the harsh words he wasn't sure that they were even said by the funnyman.
'That’s why I didn’t reply, because I thought, "S***, is this even Hughesy?"
'And I was at home with my head all bandaged up and my eye bleeding and worried about dying and voting for you on the jungle. And I just felt so sad,' he admitted.
Hughesy will bring his stand-up show back home for the rest of the month, with several of his Melbourne tour dates already sold-out or selling final tickets.
His return to stand up comes after the former Sydney 2DayFM breakfast show host said he'd fallen 'out of love' with commercial radio after his shock axing last year.
The Hughesy, Ed & Erin breakfast show sensationally came to an end in August 2024 amid spiraling ratings and 'commitment issues'.
'I am very happy not to be on commercial radio this year,' Hughsey told the Herald Sun in January as he departed Australia to film I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here!
'To be honest, I am sick to death of the songs. I don’t want to hear the same seven songs every morning for the rest of my life,' he said.
The program hosted byHughesy, Ed Kavalee and Erin Molan managed a mere 3.6 market share in its last ratings survey.
But there was no love lost for the Melbourne-based presenter, who said he'd been 'torn' between two cities as he commuted to Sydney each week to host the show and was 'exhausted'.