unitedinfocus.com

Manuel Ugarte and Alejandro Garnacho pick two hardest-working Man Utd players, Bruno Fernandes is snubbed by both

Alejandro Garnacho and Manuel Ugarte both overlooked Manchester United captain Bruno Fernandes when they picked the two players who are the ‘hardest workers’ at Old Trafford.

Bruno Fernandes has once again highlighted his importance for Manchester United in recent weeks with his stunning run of form for the Red Devils.

The 30-year-old United skipper has made 44 appearances for the Red Devils in the 2024-25 campaign and has netted 16 times and registered 15 assists.

Fernandes made his presence felt ahead of the March international break by scoring a superb hat-trick in United’s 4-1 thumping of 10-man Real Sociedad last Thursday.

Following United’s win over Real Sociedad in the Europa League, Fernandes picked up two assists and scored in the Red Devils’ 3-0 win over Leicester City.

READ MORE: What Paul Scholes spotted from Ruben Amorim’s Man Utd in ‘last few weeks’ is real eye-opener, three players singled out

Photo by Alex Livesey/Getty Images

Photo by Alex Livesey/Getty Images

Alejandro Garnacho and Manuel Ugarte left Bruno Fernandes out of Man Utd picks

Bruno Fernandes has been met with criticism this season, despite the Portugal midfielder’s importance and influence on the Manchester United first team.

Roy Keane has been a vocal critic of Fernandes and the United legend pulled no punches towards the Portugal international in recent weeks.

More United News

Despite coming under heavy criticism from the likes of Roy Keane, Fernandes has stepped up for United manager Ruben Amorim in the 2024-25 campaign.

Alejandro Garnacho and Manuel Ugarte sat down with TNT Sports and answered questions about their United teammates at Old Trafford.

When asked about the hardest worker in the first-team squad, Garnacho singled out United and Argentina teammate Lisandro Martinez as his No 1 choice.

Ugarte, on the other hand, did not see eye to eye with Garnacho and the United midfielder revealed that his pick would be Red Devils defender Leny Yoro.

READ MORE: Rasmus Hojlund reveals two ‘new’ challenges for Man Utd under Ruben Amorim, all players are dealing with at least one

Bruno Fernandes’ ultimate commitment to Man Utd shown

Fernandes ended the speculation around his future at Old Trafford last summer and the former Sporting CP star inked a new deal until 2027.

The Red Devils skipper revealed that interest had been shown in him in 2024, but Fernandes instead wanted to remain under former United manager Erik ten Hag.

“I sat with the club because I had an offer to leave,” he said, as per BBC Sport.

“We talked about the possibility of me leaving the club or staying.

“They said what they wanted from me. I just asked if they still see me as part of the future of the club or not. I spoke at the time with Ten Hag also.

“He was very clear with me, the club was very clear with me, that they thought I would be a big part of this rebuild. I thought that we could be successful.”

United are currently 13th in the Premier League table and will now return to action in April after the end of the March international break.

Read full news in source page