irishnews.com

Belfast event with Liverpool FC legend cancelled as Robbie Fowler says he ‘hasn’t a clue’ why

A Belfast event with Liverpool legend Robbie Fowler which was due to take place on Friday has been cancelled at the last minute.

‘An Evening with Robbie Fowler’ was set to be held at The Devenish Complex on Finaghy Road North.

Tickets for the event first went on sale in December and started at £35.

More:‘Live at Botanic Gardens’ concerts cancelled without explanation as gigs rescheduled for indoor venues

Organised by Flash Promotions, the original event page promised an “intimate experience with one of football’s greats”.

The event had been scheduled to take place in the Devenish Complex in south Belfast. PICTURE: MAL MCCANN(Mal McCann)

“Get ready for a night filled with laughter, stories, and insights from his illustrious career,” the description said.

“This in-person event will take place at The Devenish Complex, providing a perfect setting for an intimate experience with one of football’s greats.

“Don’t miss out on this opportunity to meet Robbie Fowler up close and personal!”

However, ticket holders were informed of the event’s cancellation and that refunds would be issued via email on Wednesday.

The Liverpool player, who is one of the team’s all-time prolific goal scorers, said that he was unsure as to why the event was not going ahead.

Haven't a clue mate... was told yesterday it's not happening.. had my weekend all planned too🥹

— Robbie Fowler (@Robbie9Fowler) March 19, 2025

Responding to a fan on social media platform X, he said: “Haven’t a clue mate... was told yesterday it’s not happening… had my weekend all planned too”.

Fans also expressed their disappointment at the news.

One user said that they had purchased a ticket as a Christmas present for their partner.

@Robbie9Fowler gutted not to be collecting you mate I was only told today at 6pm that this was cancelled. Raging as I had shirts bought for you to sign and other bits sorry we are not your transportation for this event 😡

— First Class Chauffeur Services Ni (@chauffeur_first) March 19, 2025

First Class Chauffeur Services NI, which says they had been scheduled to drive the former player, said they were “gutted”.

“Gutted not to be collecting you mate I was only told [on Wednesday] at 6pm that this was cancelled,” they said.

“Raging as I had shirts bought for you to sign and other bits.”

The Devenish Complex has been contacted for comment.

Read full news in source page