**WASHINGTON**
US Attorney General Pamela Bondi on Thursday announced charges against three individuals responsible for the "violent destruction" of Tesla properties.
"All three defendants will face the full force of the law for using Molotov cocktails to set fire to Tesla cars and charging stations," Bondi said in a statement.
Her statement came amid a recent wave of attacks targeting tech-billionaire Elon Musk’s electric vehicle company facilities and vehicles, driven by a backlash against Musk’s role in leading the Trump administration’s efforts to impose sweeping cuts across the federal government.
“The days of committing crimes without consequence have ended.
"Let this be a warning: if you join this wave of domestic terrorism against Tesla properties, the Department of Justice will put you behind bars," Bondi said.
Previously, Bondi called the swarm of "violent attacks" on Tesla property as "nothing short of domestic terrorism" and warned perpetrators to "watch out."
Musk’s unpopularity has led Tesla’s global sales to plummet. Last week, President Donald Trump controversially used the White House as a backdrop to act as a salesman for Tesla, blurring the government and commerce in a way some analysts called illegal.
Some US senators pushed for an investigation into Trump’s news conference with Musk that promoted Tesla in the driveway of the White House, and slammed the "apparent violation" of federal ethics laws.
[Anadolu Agency website contains only a portion of the news stories offered to subscribers in the AA News Broadcasting System (HAS), and in summarized form. **Please contact us for subscription options.**](https://www.aa.com.tr/en/p/subscription/1001)