manchestereveningnews.co.uk

Rasmus Hojlund sends clear message to Ruben Amorim as £65m transfer verdict given

Rasmus Hojlund during a Denmark game

Rasmus Hojlund has found his shooting boots again

The first break from Premier League football in 2025 has seen attention turn to the international stage with several Manchester United players in action for their nations over the next few days.

United go into the break on a high having come out as 3-0 winners against Leicester City in their final game before the break. Rasmus Hojlund, Alejandro Garnacho and Bruno Fernandes scored the goals.

Away from the pitch, there has also been talk over possible comings and goings for the upcoming summer transfer window.

While there is no domestic football, it doesn’t stop the news around United. With that in mind, here’s a look at a couple of the latest stories.

Rasmus Hojlund message

After a barren run of games without a goal, Hojlund has now scored two in as many games for club and country. The striker broke his goalless spell at the weekend by netting United’s opener in the 3-0 away win against Leicester City.

He has since gone off to represent Denmark during the international break. Hojlund was named on the bench for the Nations League clash against Portugal, but was subbed on in the 76th minute with the score at 0-0.

He made an impact within two minutes, scoring what turned out to be the only goal of the game in the 78th minute. He also then copied the celebration of opponent and United icon Cristiano Ronaldo.

Hojlund and Denmark will face the same opponent in the second leg of the tie on Sunday.

MEN Sport says: It’s amazing what one goal can do for the confidence of a player. United will be hoping that the last few days is a sign of things to come from Hojlund between now and the end of the season - it could also change their transfer thinking over the player.

Man United interest 'confirmed'

United are one of the teams interested in Juventus youngster Kenan Yildiz, with the Italian club ready to cash in on the winger, according to reports in Italy. The 19-year-old was an unused substitute for the first time in Serie A last weekend as Juventus fell to a 3-0 loss against Fiorentina.

Italian football journalist Gianluca Di Marzio told Sky Sport Italia (via JuventusNews24). “I wouldn’t be surprised if Yildiz could be sacrificed regardless of Champions League qualification because he is the most sought after,” he said.

“There are many teams like Manchester United who are interested. His sacrifice could lead to other investments like Juve did last year.”

MEN Sport says: The reported asking price for the Turkey international will be a problem for United. Reports in Italy claim that Juve have slapped a price tag of €75-80 million (£62.8m-£67m) on the head of the 19-year-old.

Given concerns over PSR as well as a likely lack of European football next season, it seems unlikely that United will be able to pay that sort of fee, making the transfer unlikely unless Juve drop their asking price.

Get United transfer news and updates on WhatsApp!

Our team of Manchester United experts are on top of all the goings-on at Old Trafford for this week and beyond, and you can get the latest team news, injury updates, reaction and analysis along with inside information to your phone by joining our new free WhatsApp community. You can also join the 50,000 (and growing!) band of United fans who are following our WhatsApp Channel.

Sign up to our community here, and join our WhatsApp channel here.

--

We also treat our community members to special offers, promotions, and adverts from us and our partners. If you don’t like our community, you can check out any time you like. If you’re curious, you can read our Privacy Notice.

Read full news in source page