**ISTANBUL**
Yemen’s Houthi group said early Friday that it successfully struck a military target in Israel with a hypersonic ballistic missile.
In a televised statement, the group’s military spokesperson, Yahya Saree, said Yemen’s armed forces carried out a “qualitative military operation” targeting an Israeli military site in southern Jaffa, a city in central Israel, using a hypersonic ballistic missile named “Palestine 2”
“This operation successfully achieved its objective,” Saree asserted, adding that it marked the second attack within 24 hours.
He emphasized that Houthi military operations in support of Gaza “will not stop regardless of continued American aggression.”
“These operations, along with the blockade on Israeli shipping, will continue until the aggression against Gaza ceases and the siege is lifted,” he added.
The Houthis have previously launched missile and drone attacks on Israel, framing them as retaliation for the ongoing conflict in Gaza.
[Anadolu Agency website contains only a portion of the news stories offered to subscribers in the AA News Broadcasting System (HAS), and in summarized form. **Please contact us for subscription options.**](https://www.aa.com.tr/en/p/subscription/1001)