unitedinfocus.com

Cristiano Ronaldo sends powerful 10-word message that Bruno Fernandes and Diogo Dalot must embrace after Portugal defeat

Cristiano Ronaldo’s spine-tingling message should resonate with former Manchester United teammates Bruno Fernandes and Diogo Dalot after Portugal’s setback against Denmark on Thursday evening.

The 40-year-old Manchester United legend has linked up with both Diogo Dalot and Bruno Fernandes for the March international break with the Portugal national team.

Roberto Martinez’s men are eying up a place in the Nations League semi-finals, but Portugal must first overcome Denmark in the quarter-finals of the competition.

However, Portugal now face an uphill task against opponents Denmark after the first-leg quarter-final tie at the Parken in Copenhagen on Thursday.

United striker Rasmus Hojlund came off the bench in the second half and the 22-year-old Danish forward broke the deadlock against Portugal.

Rasmus Hojlund’s second-half strike was enough to ensure that Brian Riemer’s men take a 1-0 aggerate lead to Sporting CP’s Estadio Jose Alvalade for the return leg.

READ MORE: Man Utd fans all saying same thing about Rasmus Hojlund after Denmark winner vs Portugal, ‘insane’ moment stands out

Photo by Mateusz Slodkowski/Getty Images

Photo by Mateusz Slodkowski/Getty Images

More United News

Man Utd legend Cristiano Ronaldo’s message is something Portugal teammates Bruno Fernandes and Diogo Dalot cannot overlook

Cristiano Ronaldo has remained Portugal captain after a disappointing Euro 2024 campaign with Portugal last summer and remains committed to international duty.

The former United superstar turned 40 years old in February and Ronaldo has not hinted that he is ready to hang up his boots on the international stage.

Ronaldo is widely tipped to represent Portugal at the next World Cup in 2026 in North America before the Al Nassr captain bows out of international duty.

The Portugal captain took to Instagram and shared a message that no doubt former United teammates Bruno Fernandes and Diogo Dalot would fully embrace.

Speaking after Portugal’s Nations League defeat to Denmark, Ronaldo wrote: “We have 90 minutes to turn around. Roll on Portugal!”

READ MORE: What Cristiano Ronaldo is ‘changing’ has been spotted by Bruno Fernandes, Man Utd ace says it’s clear difference ‘from the past’

Denmark striker Rasmus Hojlund breaks silence over Cristiano Ronaldo celebration vs Portugal

Rasmus Hojlund used Cristiano Ronaldo’s iconic celebration after he scored for Denmark and he played down the idea that he was aiming a dig at the United legend.

“It’s for my idol,” he told Danish broadcaster TV 2 after the match, as per ESPN.

“It wasn’t to mock him or anything. He’s had such a huge impact on me and my football career.

“Maybe it’s a bit ambivalent, but to score against him and Portugal, it’s huge.

“I remember him scoring from a free-kick in 2011 when I went to watch the match, and since then I’ve been a huge Cristiano fan.”

Portugal and Denmark will meet in the second-leg quarter-final tie at the Estadio Jose Alvalade on Sunday evening, with kick-off slated for 7:45pm UK time.

Read full news in source page