Chelsea are said to be looking at Bournemouth defender Dean Huijsen "very closely" ahead of the upcoming summer transfer window.
That's according to David Ornstein of the Athletic, who was asked about the Cherries defender's future on the south coast after an impressive breakthrough campaign.
The 19-year-old, who is 6ft 5", has been a mainstay in Andoni Iraola's European chasing side, making 23 appearances in the Premier League so far this season.
Huijsen was bedded in slowly at Bournemouth, before nailing down a spot in their starting XI in the build-up to Christmas, impressing in the top flight and has attracted plenty of suitors since then.
Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, Liverpool and the Blues are among the sides linked with the Spanish international, who signed a six-year deal with the Cherries in the summer of 2024.
Ornstein expects there to be plenty of interest in Huijsen this summer, with Chelsea alert to a £50m transfer release clause in his current contract.
"For any top teams seeking a centre-back, Huijsen will likely be on the radar," Ornstein said when asked about Liverpool's interest in the player.
"He is expected to move for that £50m clause, which is active in the summer, and I'm sure Bournemouth, the player and his suitors would ideally like some clarity sooner rather than later so they can plan accordingly.
Jadon Sancho of Chelsea interacts with Dean Huijsen of AFC Bournemouth after the Premier League match between Chelsea FC and AFC Bournemouth at Stamford Bridge on January 14, 2025
Jadon Sancho and Dean Huijsen after Chelsea's clash against Bournemouth (Image: Photo by Bryn Lennon/Getty Images)
"We know Chelsea have been looking closely at him, Newcastle have been heavily linked but not sure I see that one materialising and even massive clubs on the continent like Real Madrid and Bayern Munich are being mentioned in certain quarters.
"Some I speak to think he could well move overseas but nothing seems to be set in stone yet.
"Richard Hughes and members of Liverpool's recruitment team will know him particularly well given their links to Bournemouth, but I'm not sure if they're pursuing him (I'll need to make more checks) and you imagine there would need to be some outward movement in the Anfield centre-back department to create space for such a player.
"Also, is that position their top priority right now? Let's see. I'm sure we'll come back to the Huijsen topic in the weeks ahead!"