**DaysofPal-** Hamas has stated in response to claims made by Israel’s Shin Bet chief, Ronen Bar, accusing Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu of intentionally sabotaging the Gaza ceasefire deal.
The group said Bar’s letter to Israeli ministers exposed Netanyahu’s unwillingness to progress with negotiations, adding that his actions have consistently undermined efforts to achieve a meaningful resolution.
“These confessions from within the leadership of Israel confirm that Netanyahu was and still is the real obstacle to any exchange deal,” Hamas said, highlighting Bar’s assertions that Netanyahu manipulated the negotiations to prevent any substantial agreement.
According to Hamas, the dismissal of key security officials, including the intelligence chief, signals a deepening rift between Netanyahu and his security apparatus.
“These actions demonstrate Netanyahu’s lack of commitment to a meaningful resolution,” the group added. Hamas accused the Israeli leader of orchestrating negotiations that were “purely formal” and intended only to delay real progress, ultimately rendering any genuine deal impossible.
Hamas has also directed criticism at the United States, urging American officials to reconsider their stance.
“Stop holding the movement responsible for the failed negotiations and place the blame on Netanyahu,” the statement read.
The Palestinian group maintains that the only way to secure the release of Israeli captives is to “halt the violence, return to negotiations, and implement agreements without political maneuvering.”
The accusations come amid mounting political tensions in Israel. Netanyahu is already under fire from opposition leaders, who accuse him of dismantling key government institutions and targeting senior officials who challenge his authority.
Since October 7, 2023, Netanyahu has reportedly fired or pressured resignations from several high-ranking officials, including members of the intelligence and security communities.
Israel’s cabinet has approved the sacking of Shin Bet’s head, Ronen Bar, endorsing Netanyahu’s controversial proposal to oust the intelligence chief over a lack of trust.
Bar will officially end his term on April 10, or as soon as his permanent replacement is appointed, according to a statement released by the Prime Minister’s Office earlier on Friday.
Ronen Bar echoed these concerns in his letter. Bar accused Netanyahu of undermining the police and intelligence agencies, even during the ongoing conflict.
One of the most explosive revelations in his letter was the claim that Netanyahu intentionally kept him out of the ceasefire negotiations. Bar argued that Netanyahu’s actions suggested a preference for negotiating without ever intending to reach a deal.
Netanyahu’s proposal to dismiss the security chief prompted condemnation from opposition parties and renewed protests by Israelis opposed to his right-wing government.
Shortlink for this post: [https://daysofpalestine.ps/?p=61530](https://daysofpalestine.ps/?p=61530)