football.london

Victor Osimhen to Chelsea transfer latest - Interest reignited, Man United competition, swap deal

While there's still a while until the summer transfer window officially opens, the break in domestic football allows clubs to look ahead and plan some of their potential moves. That will be the case at Chelsea.

Striker Victor Osimhen is one name who continues to be linked with a move to Stamford Bridge. The Nigerian star is a long-term target for the Blues, and football.london understands that he remains on a list of striker options for the summer window; joining Benjamin Sesko, Liam Delap and Viktor Gyokeres.

Chelsea were heavily linked with the Nigerian last summer, and they're reported to have tried to complete a deal with Napoli right up until the deadline. However, a transfer never materialised - and the forward ended up joining Turkish side Galatasaray on loan just a few days later.

So far this season, he has scored 26 goals in 30 appearances in all competitions for the Turkish side, including six goals in seven Europa League matches. His last five Turkish Super Lig games have also seen him score eight goals, including an eye-catching hat-trick in the 4-0 win over Antalyaspor last weekend.

It's perhaps no surprise then that there's speculation on his future beyond this season, with the player unlikely to have a future at Napoli. Here's the latest on a potential move to Chelsea;

Interest reignited

Chelsea could reignite their long-standing interest in Osimhen this summer - according to reports in Italy.

Il Mattino claim that Chelsea have never actually dropped their interest in the striker, and simply just "postponed" the would-be swoop when the transfer window closed. It is added that a deal could go through if the Blues finish in the Champions League places at the end of the season.

They do, however, face competition from Arsenal, Manchester United and Juventus.

Potential swap deal

With Manchester United reportedly one of the sides interested, it has been claimed that Napoli could use that to their advantage. According to The Mirror, via Sky Sports , Napoli are willing to offer Osimhen to United as part of a swap deal for Rasmus Hojlund.

The United striker has struggled so far this season, with it thought that he could move on in the summer. Osimhen has meanwhile helped loan side Galatasaray to climb to the top of the Turkish league where they remain unbeaten.

Chelsea advice

Former Chelsea midfielder Claude Makelele has named Osimhen as the best option for the Blues in their expected search for a striker in the summer transfer window.

Speaking on talkSPORT on Thursday, Makelele said: "He's a finisher. I think for the way Chelsea play... they need this kind of striker to have a presence in the box. I think he will be the best option for Chelsea."

Osimhen stance

Another former Chelsea midfielder John Obi Mikel has recently claimed that the player himself is keen to move to Stamford Bridge.

He told Sky Sports: "I know exactly where we stopped. If we have to pick it up again in the summer, it's just pretty easy to get it done because the player really wants to come to the football club. If you're talking about a striker to come in and help Chelsea FC, you have to talk about Alexander Isak, or you have to talk about Victor Osimhen. For me, these are the top two strikers."

football.london Chelsea WhatsApp channel

Chelsea flag prior the UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Leg One match between Chelsea FC and Real Madrid at Stamford Bridge. (Photo by Jose Breton/Pics Action/NurPhoto via Getty Images)

Want to keep up to date with the breaking and important Chelsea stories whilst on the move? Well now you can!

Click this link to follow the football.london Chelsea WhatsApp channel, where you'll be kept up to date on the latest Blues news wherever you are.

Just remember to turn on the notifications once you've followed, and you won't miss a beat!

Read full news in source page