The Israeli military said three rockets were fired from Lebanon into northern Israel
1 MIN READ
Smoke billows after an Israeli airstrike on the southern Lebanese village of Sejoud on March 22, 2025.
Smoke billows after an Israeli airstrike on the southern Lebanese village of Sejoud on March 22, 2025.
Two people including a girl were killed in an Israeli attack on a southern Lebanese town on Saturday, state media reported, after Israel launched air strikes in response to cross-border rocket fire.
"The Israeli enemy strike on the town of Touline resulted... in the death of two people, including a girl, and the injury of eight others, including two children," the National News Agency cited the health ministry's emergency unit as saying, describing it as a "preliminary toll".
NNA had earlier reported a toll of one killed in Touline.
It came as the Israeli military said it was launching air strikes on Hezbollah strongholds in Lebanon after intercepting cross-border rocket fire.
The Israeli military said three rockets were fired from Lebanon into northern Israel, setting off air raid sirens in the region for the first time since a November ceasefire between Israel and the Iran-backed Hezbollah.
Lebanese Prime Minister Nawaf Salam warned the country risked being dragged into a "new war" after months of relative calm following a November 27 ceasefire between Israel and Lebanon.
Sign up for the Daily Briefing
Get the latest news and updates straight to your inbox