Barcelona have been told a final decision on the [Dani Olmo registration saga](https://www.barcablaugranes.com/2025/1/1/24333437/dani-olmo-registration-saga-what-happens-next-for-barcelona) is imminent and expected next week.
Olmo is currently eligible to play for the Catalans after [the club were granted temporary permission by the CSD all the way back in January](https://www.barcablaugranes.com/2025/1/8/24339262/barcelona-granted-temporary-permission-to-register-dani-olmo-and-pau-victor), pending a final resolution.
José Manuel Rodríguez Uribes, the president of the CSD, has now said a final decision on the matter will be made “in the coming days,” according to Mundo Deportivo.
Uribes also spoke about talk that Real Madrid president Florentino Perez had helped their bitter rivals awith the registrations of Olmo and Victor earlier this year.
> “Football is sometimes very funny, it raises strange questions. According to some reports, Real Madrid seems to be delighted with Dani Olmo’s decision. This is a world upside down. But, well, what Real Madrid did was respect the CSD’s decision, and I’m very grateful for that. By the way, not Real Madrid, eighty or ninety percent of the clubs understood it,” he added.
>
> “What there has been here is a discrepancy, a disagreement, a conflict—call it what you will—between FC Barcelona, LaLiga, and the Federation, and we, as the Higher Sports Council, feel obligated, in accordance with the Sports Law, which states that athletes must always be protected, to ensure that the players are not harmed by this conflict.”
A final decision has to be made by April 7 but it looks like a final decision may arrive before that deadline.