mirror.co.uk

Liverpool news: Alisson offers injury update as star discusses Anfield future

Liverpool players are around the world on international duty - with Arne Slot desperate for a fit and healthy squad for the final weeks of their Premier League title challenge

Comments

Sport

BRASILIA, BRAZIL - MARCH 20: Alisson Becker of Brazil and Davinson Sanchez of Colombia receive medical attention after suffering a head injury during the South American FIFA World Cup 2026 Qualifier match between Brazil and Colombia at Mane Garrincha Stadium on March 20, 2025 in Brasilia, Brazil. (Photo by Buda Mendes/Getty Images)

Alisson has become the latest Liverpool player to suffer an injury(Image: Buda Mendes/Getty Images)

It may be the international break but Liverpool are being kept busy. The Reds have suffered a number of injury blows, compounding a miserable March for Arne Slot's side.

Firstly, Liverpool were dumped out of the Champions League in the round of 16 by Paris Saint-Germain. Next up was the Carabao Cup final but the Reds produced arguably their worst performance of the season, allowing Newcastle to deservedly win at Wembley.

Fortunately, Liverpool will return to Premier League action in April boasting a 12-point lead. Slot and Co. could mathematically secure their 20th English title before the end of next month should results go their way, with Arsenal's hopes looking slim.

The small matter of the Merseyside derby at home to Everton comes first but Liverpool could find themselves without a number of their key players. The injured Trent Alexander-Arnold missed the cup final alongside both Joe Gomez and Conor Bradley.

Ryan Gravenberch suffered an injury during the match, forcing him to withdraw from the Netherlands' squad. The international break hasn't improved things, with Alisson and Ibrahima Konate both being subbed off for their countries.

Here's a round-up of the latest news from Anfield.

READ MORE: Arne Slot sends brutal warning to Liverpool stars about throwing away title to ArsenalREAD MORE: Arne Slot gets major transfer boost as club green light deal for key target

Alisson offers injury update

Alisson has shared an update on social media after he was substituted during Brazil's 2-1 win against Colombia following a nasty clash of heads. The Liverpool goalkeeper collided with ex-Tottenham defender Davinson Sanchez, forcing the pair to be brought off.

Brazil's team doctor confirmed that Alisson had suffered a suspected concussion, putting his involvement in Tuesday's World Cup qualifier against Argentina in jeopardy. On Instagram, Alisson has now said: "Hey guys, just to let you know I'm fine! Just have to follow the protocols! Thanks for the messages."

BRASILIA, BRAZIL - MARCH 20: Alisson Becker of Brazil and Davinson Sanchez of Colombia fall to the ground as their teammates assist them after colliding during the South American FIFA World Cup 2026 Qualifier match between Brazil and Colombia at Mane Garrincha Stadium on March 20, 2025 in Brasilia, Brazil. (Photo by Buda Mendes/Getty Images)

Alisson had to be subbed off for Brazil

Gordon discusses Liverpool future

Liverpool youngster Kaide Gordon has left the door open to a permanent move to Portsmouth after joining them on loan in January. Gordon, 20, signed a new long-term contract with Liverpool last year but hopes to cement himself in the Pompey team before the end of the season, having only made four appearances so far.

"I've still got a while left at Liverpool yet so we'll see," the winger told Portsmouth outlet the News when asked about his future. "We'll just have to see what happens. There's still a lot of time left this season and you never know what could happen.

"It's good [to be playing regularly], I just needed to get out and play men's football. That's good for myself and I've needed that, because I've missed a lot of football beforehand."

Should Liverpool keep or sell Kaide Gordon? Have your say in the comments section.

LUTON, ENGLAND - MARCH 01: Kaide Gordon Portsmouth Football Club during the Sky Bet Championship match between Luton Town FC and Portsmouth FC at Kenilworth Road on March 01, 2025 in Luton, England. (Photo by Richard Pelham/Getty Images)

Kaide Gordon is on loan at Portsmouth

Elliott misses penalty as Liverpool target bags hat-trick

Rumoured Liverpool transfer target Hugo Ekitike scored a hat-trick as Harvey Elliott scored and missed a penalty in their nations' under-21 clash. France beat England 5-3 on Friday, with Eintracht Frankfurt striker Ekitike bagging three goals.

Elliott pulled a goal back to make it 3-2 during an entertaining first half before missing a penalty that would've made it 4-4. The star of the show was Ekitike, who's scored 19 goals for Frankfurt this season, having left Paris Saint-Germain last summer and reportedly attracted interest from Liverpool.

Join our new WhatsApp community and receive your daily dose of Mirror Football content. We also treat our community members to special offers, promotions, and adverts from us and our partners. If you don't like our community, you can check out any time you like. If you're curious, you can read ourPrivacy Notice.

Read full news in source page