liverpoolecho.co.uk

Luis Diaz Liverpool transfer stance emerges as Arne Slot handed £33m opportunity

Latest Liverpool transfer news and gossip includes an update on Luis Diaz and Ferran Torres

Comments

Sport

Ferran Torres

Ferran Torres of Barcelona(Image: UEFA via Getty Images)

Liverpool fans will need to wait another nine days to see their team in Premier League action as the international break continues. Arne Slot's side will host local rivals Everton in the Merseyside derby on Wednesday, April 2.

Prior to the international break, the Reds suffered heartbreak in the Carabao Cup final after a 2-1 defeat to Newcastle United. Federico Chiesa scored the consolation goal in stoppage time as the Magpies celebrated their first domestic trophy in 70 years.

Article continues below

So far this week, Alisson, Ryan Gravenberch and Ibrahima Konate have departed their national team with suspected injuries. The trio will return to Merseyside to be assessed ahead of Everton's visit.

READ MORE: Steven Gerrard makes Liverpool Premier League title claim and pays tribute to Reds heroREAD MORE: 'I'll ruin it' - Peter Crouch makes emotional Liverpool admission after 'special' Anfield moment

With that in mind, the ECHO has taken a look at the latest news from in and around Anfield over the last 24 hours.

Luis Diaz Barcelona update

The Spanish giants are yet to approach Liverpool over Luis Diaz according to Fabrizio Romano. Delivering an update on his YouTube channel, the Italian said: "Luis Diaz is one of the three/four names on the shortlist of Barcelona for the summer transfer window.

"Nothing has been agreed and nothing has been discussed yet, especially on the club side because it’s too early and Barcelona will take their time before deciding who is the winger they want to sign and how much they have left in terms of budget and financial fair play.

"So for Barca there is still work to do before saying ‘okay, we’ll go for this player and get him’… but Luis Diaz is on the list. I’m told that Barca have a very good relationship with people close to Luis Diaz and that’s a very good factor. I’m also told that Diaz would be open to trying a new experience in Spain, in this case Barcelona.

"Very exciting football, a fast quality player with his skills would be absolutely perfect, so Diaz could be tempted by this opportunity. But at the moment still no negotiations and still no direct contacts and there are more options in the list at Barcelona."

Barcelona 'willing' to sell forward

Spanish outlet Fichajes report Ferran Torres has been subject of 'strong interest' from Liverpool, Manchester United and Aston Villa. Barcelona would apparently be willing to part ways with the Spaniard if an 'attractive' offer is received.

It's said that a figure close to €35m-€40million (£29m-£33m) would be considered 'satisfactory' by the La Liga giants to part ways with the 25-year-old.

However, it's believed the winger is choosing to remain focussed on the job at hand at the Nou Camp.

Speaking about his future recently, Torres said: "There are many renewals [to be sorted] before mine at Barca from teammates who are really breaking the bank," he said.

"If the day comes to sit down and negotiate, I'd be delighted, and my doors will always be open."

Read full news in source page